• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New CUCV member

Omaha M1028

I recently purchased an 86 M1028. The previous owner allready installed a brand new 6" super lift with 37 16.5 OZ military tires, new exhaust, glow plugs, batteries, etc etc. I have been replacing belts and hoses etc so far, and yes the Dog Head starter relay is happening very soon!

Attachments

Omaha M1028

I have wanted a Chevy truck CUCV for a very long time! Finding a decent one my area is very tough. Most have been beat to death and are very rusty. I could not pass up the decent deal I was able to get this one for.

Omaha M1028

Thanks for the replys! I got it for $3,600.It has 34k miles and is pretty **** solid body wise. I have been semi daily driving it with doing repairs in between. I really enjoy driving it! I dont miss driving my modern truck at all. Well, maybe it needs a cup holder or two.lol

Omaha M1028

I have done a bit of work to it in the last few days. Including a new axle oil seal and and shoes on the rear end. New tail light lenses and a the parts for the Dog Head relay mod. These trucks are addicting!lol

Omaha M1028

Did the Dog Head starter relay mod after work today. Works great! This site is full of great information! The $20 bill it cost me is well worth it!

Drock

Yes they are addicting :gimp:. Good score on this truck. The most common problem with these trucks is there lack of use which translates into dry rotted soft parts. So start checking all the little rubber seals, hoses, and gaskets. Yours has pretty low miles so this is important. But your lucky to have purchased this one from someone who has bine driving it. They've worked out enough bugs to get it up and running for you.

Assel

Now thats a nice truck! for that price you could never get a running CUCV over here.... welcome to the green iron addiction... I consider selling my "modern civi" pickup for a 1008 or 1028, I really dont like electronic controlled Vehicles :p

those army trucks need alot of love, always remember: if its not dripping something is empty :mrgreen:

Omaha M1028

Thanks for the kind words eveyone. Yes I have been replaceing all of the hoses and belts the were suspect. I would love to completley restore this truck, but it will have to wait untill I get my 1970 Plymouth GTX project done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks