• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Data Plate Source

Srjeeper

I just set the company an email asking if I sent him all my data plates from the interior of my 1970 Kaiser M35A2 would that be easier to make new ones. And if he would consider a M35A2 data plate replacement package deal. I'll post his response. I informed him of the forum and that a member referred his services. Who knows maybe he will bite!

Here's another source of complete sets and you can get the necessary decals here also..:wink:

http://www.mvdataplates.com/m35_series_sets.php

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Here's another source of complete sets and you can get the necessary decals here also..:wink:

http://www.mvdataplates.com/m35_series_sets.php
That's the guy no one can buy from. Do a search for "mvdataplates" or "Kellone" and see multiple threads where people can't buy from him, as he won't return calls or emails. That's why people are looking for an alternative to his company.

I personally tried for 4 months to buy a set of dataplates for my '87 A2C and finally gave up. I kept a record of all the dates I left voicemails and sent emails too.

So if he wants to say he never heard from me (he occasionally surfs SS), I can post up screenshots of all my sent emails.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:

We need a NEW source!

Although his site is still up, I think DK has completely abandoned the dataplate business since almost 1 year ago.

G.

renovate7

I also contacted mvdataplates last week. Talked to him on the phone and he said minimum 3 weeks to ship, might as well be never.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No Problem

Only 2 dilemas I see, No mounting holes and the corners are not rounded like the original.
The no holes and no rounded corners were my fault...

I told him I did not want the rounded corners or for him to make the holes. He would have done both at no additional charge had I asked him to.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exterior plates

Was just on their website looking around and they state that for the metal plates, they are not really made for outdoor use, yet are "scratch, heat and chemical resistant". Does your plate look like it would stand up to the elements anyway?

The plate I got was no different than the one I removed. I also saw that and just to be safe I clear coated the data plate after install. Clear coatings come in gloss and matte finish,

Tghis guy makes these plates for HVAC companys that have thier units mounted on the roof and exterior of buildings. From what I can tell...they will wear the same or better than the originals

Srjeeper

Great Service too........

Had a small foil type plate off my turn signal assembly that was shot and no longer usable. Scanned the thing and e-mailed him the scan to see what he could do. After two more e-mails to check demensions he made me up 3 of them outta plastic for $20.00 and had them on their way in under a day.

Your not gonna beat that kinda service by anyone in this day & age.....plus he's a great guy to talk to.

If you need a data plate for anything, you probably don't need to look any further than this man....[thumbzup]

www.dataplates.net

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, sounds promising!
Actually I was waiting for anything in reply to that email sent...(? )(broadsword71, post #13)

I'm going ahead then and copy/re-design/scan that particular winch DP (with holes, etc.) and contact them. And before ordering I will let everyone know; thinking of eventually have them run a batch of 20 or more.

G.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great Idea

OK, sounds promising!
Actually I was waiting for anything in reply to that email sent...(? )(broadsword71, post #13)

I'm going ahead then and copy/re-design/scan that particular winch DP (with holes, etc.) and contact them. And before ordering I will let everyone know; thinking of eventually have them run a batch of 20 or more.

G.
Great Idea Gringeltaube...Go for it!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, this is what I have in mind...: #0.020 aluminum plate; silver letters & frame, over black ground; W/ rounded corners and holes; more or less matching the different versions out there, in size and style of letters.

Take a look, below..... if any of you wanted anything changed, please speak up.
Otherwise I would contact this company on Monday and have them made a sample. (Hopefully they can copy this exactly to specs.)

G.

Attachments

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good! :beer:

OK, this is what I have in mind...: #0.020 aluminum plate; silver letters & frame, over black ground; W/ rounded corners and holes; more or less matching the different versions out there, in size and style of letters.

Otherwise I would contact this company on Monday and have them made a sample. (Hopefully they can copy this exactly to specs.)

G.

Srjeeper

Got em.......

The plates came today and I gotta tell ya, "they are better than the orginal!!"

They look identical, fit perfectly and I dare anyone to tell the two apart except 1 is pristine and the other is beat!!

I highly recommend these folks for your data plate needs....I am impressed..2cents

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to see some that have been exposed to the sun for a few years. Thats the true test.. everything looks good when it is brand new...

jasonjc

The plates came today and I gotta tell ya, "they are better than the orginal!!"

They look identical, fit perfectly and I dare anyone to tell the two apart except 1 is pristine and the other is beat!!

I highly recommend these folks for your data plate needs....I am impressed..2cents
How about some side by side pic's please.

jasonjc

G.

How about doing the full set of winch plates? I've got 1 I rebuilt, 1 I've 80-90% done with and 1 that I need to rebuild. All need all the plates.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok, why not someone go ahead and just make a deuce kit?

All the dash plates and the winch plates for w/w models.

Put them here and on ebay.

I'll buy a set-I need AM General M35A2C w/w.

Srjeeper

I'd like to see some that have been exposed to the sun for a few years. Thats the true test.. everything looks good when it is brand new...

Why would a replacement plate be expected to hold up any better than the orginals....they fade in a few years of sun??

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
......I dare anyone to tell the two apart ......
:) uhmm, ehrrr.... what about the brand, Nartron vs. Natron....??
Don't know, maybe it's done on purpose and not just a typo....?
No biggie, really.

Why would a replacement plate be expected to hold up any better than the orginals....they fade in a few years of sun??

Yes, some do; depending on quality, origin, etc.
Here is some interesting reading about how some of the typical products are tested and compared to each other...

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks