• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Data Plate Source

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will make anything you want in the way of a data plate so long as you provide a sample of the dimensions, colors, lettering, and hole spacing if you want them to make the holes for you. (I told them I would make my own holes)

I tried "parts wanted" in the SS classified, MV Data plates on the web, Saturn Surplus on the web, ebay and others. No one knew where I could get this data plate.

Normal everyday dataplates can be gotten easily. But the ones that are not so popular are hard to come by. Most of the dataplate info for anything can be found in the TM's that will be needed by these guys to make any data plate you want.

They even sent me a proof before they actually made my data plate. They did all of this for ONE data plate and it cost a whooping $8.00 to my doorstep!

Need a hard to get data plate...try these guys www.dataplates.net

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang, looks like "someone" is going to lose alot of business because of these guys! Looks great.:beer:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the heads-up, Torisco!
That's exactly the one winch dataplate I had been looking for!

Pictured below is just another version of the same. I like that black/ aluminum one; only thing I would add (only to make it look more original) are those two arrows.
Also, for better looks and easier mounting for everyone, I think I would prefer giving them the exact hole pattern.

Hey, let's have them make a small batch of "perfect" ones.... and I would order 5.
Who else ???? Maybe someone could even organize a group-buy?

Not underestimating your effort and initiative but... I could easily work out a new "blueprint" for this, covering all minor details and post it here for general evaluation, first...?

G.

Attachments

Last edited:

broadsword71

Cool...I am working on my interior and was looking at how faded and terrible the data plates looked. And how there going to look worse after the cab is painted. Great Info!

M1031CMT

Awesome. I have been looking for someone like this for a while. I have data plates from Canadian trucks that need replacing, but it is pretty much impossible to find them anywhere.

Price sounds really great for what you get. Looks like another place I am going to send big money ;)

renovate7

Funny this thread starts now. I took 4 different data plates to a local manufacturer today to get a quote. There is now no vendor who has them all and there are several I can't find anywhere. My Dad had a graphics business geared to the material handling industry for many years and this company made all the plates.
When I get some prices I'll post them here.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Data Plates

G,

I will take 4

Thanks for the heads-up, Torisco!
That's exactly the one winch dataplate I had been looking for!

Pictured below is just another version of the same. I like that black/ aluminum one; only thing I would add (only to make it look more original) are those two arrows.
Also, for better looks and easier mounting for everyone, I think I would prefer giving them the exact hole pattern.

Hey, let's have them make a small batch of "perfect" ones.... and I would order 5.
Who else ???? Maybe someone could even organize a group-buy?

Not underestimating your effort and initiative but... I could easily work out a new "blueprint" for this, covering all minor details and post it here for general evaluation, first...?

G.

M1031CMT

Was just on their website looking around and they state that for the metal plates, they are not really made for outdoor use, yet are "scratch, heat and chemical resistant". Does your plate look like it would stand up to the elements anyway?

broadsword71

G,

I will take 4
I just set the company an email asking if I sent him all my data plates from the interior of my 1970 Kaiser M35A2 would that be easier to make new ones. And if he would consider a M35A2 data plate replacement package deal. I'll post his response. I informed him of the forum and that a member referred his services. Who knows maybe he will bite!

DeucesWild11

I'd love to get a bobbed deuce Data plate as shown in the pic attached. Never heard back from the guy that made these... Hope they can get around that watermark!

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to get a bobbed deuce Data plate. I know I saw a pic of one somewhere.. got to take some time and dig it up.. If anyone has a sample please post up. Thanks!
Dave Kelone had them made. Search for him and see the customer service reviews.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To get technical on designations- shouldn't that be XM381E2? That is how mark numbers for experimental or non-standardized vehicles go (indicated by the X)...

Nit-picky I know, but might as well do it right! :wink:

Cheers

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To get technical on designations- shouldn't that be XM381E2? That is how mark numbers for experimental or non-standardized vehicles go (indicated by the X)...

Nit-picky I know, but might as well do it right! :wink:

Cheers
If I remember right the E2 varient was totally different. (I think it was in Crimsons book).

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Q.! A: Depending on what generation - probably not like that old gasser-M35 shift plate...!?
Time will tell...........:razz:

Now, if we are talking about this particular winch-DP, usually not even the ones from factory last long... after close contact with wire rope; hook & chain; branches and other "obstacles"; scratched and overpainted X-many times; etc...

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks