• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new, deuce one piece 22.5" rims??

Nonotagain

Is this a serious limitation? How does the 10.00 x 22.5 compare to 11.00 x 20 in super single configuration?
Load rating on the 10R22.5" Goodyear G186 radials is listed on the sidewall as 5205 lbs @ 90 psi used as a single.

Most of what I have read here, folks are looking for wider tire/wheel combinations.

It might be worth getting a few more M105a3 trailers just to cannibalize for the springs, bed and the tires.

The bed would look really nice on a bobbed deuce since the lights are recessed into the corners of the trailer bed. Pretty slick looking if you ask me.

DanielP

No offense, but OTR tires look wimpy. However, I suspect that 99% of deuce driving is on highways.

bgekky3

The front tire has the 22.5" Ford wheel. I got the wheels for $35.00 each and the used bus tires for $100.00, mounted on to the wheels. The truck is currently 1800 miles away from me. I think they are 385 or 395 XX XX from memory...a shade under 44 inches tall is what I do remember. If someone wants to confirm the size, I can get someone to look at the tires. The truck ran great with the 22.5 radials.

Attachments

KsM715

So in the pic above, are the front tires bigger than the rears? Overall diameter? If they are, make sure your front axle is disengaged and stays disengaged until you get matching diameter tires or youll bind up your tansfer case:!:

kochevnik

bgekky3 : by any chance do you have some other fotos with the 22.5 inch rims ? Do you run those same size rims in the rear ?

This whole Deuce tire thing looks like it can drive a person mad - I've waded thru about 50 tire/rim threads.

Seems to me the 22.5 inch rims would be best for those who spend most of the time on the highway - more tire choices, longer lasting tires - no tube ? Am I right about the 22.5's being used with tubeless radial tires ?

bgekky3

I do not have any other pictures of the wheels that are any better than what I posted.

The wheels came off of medium duty Ford trucks. I believe Ford used them in the 70s and 80s, but I am not 100% sure. Some of the trucks had split rim 20 inch wheels on them too.

GoHot229

bgekky3 : by any chance do you have some other fotos with the 22.5 inch rims ? Do you run those same size rims in the rear ?

This whole Deuce tire thing looks like it can drive a person mad - I've waded thru about 50 tire/rim threads.

Seems to me the 22.5 inch rims would be best for those who spend most of the time on the highway - more tire choices, longer lasting tires - no tube ? Am I right about the 22.5's being used with tubeless radial tires ?
Any tire with a .5 designaton is a tubeless ie 14.5, 16.5, 19.5, 22.5, 24.5 All the point five rims are tubeless whereas there are split-rims/splitring rims which are whole numbers ie. 15, 16, 17, 18, 20" tube type used for heavy applications. Barring all the tubless auto and lt truck tire/rims of recent times.

GoHot229

Ok , heres the thing, trying to jump into your thoughts as the Deuce goes....If you could find some 22.5 wheels in a six hole pattern to fit the Deuce, you will have to use tires like the ones found on 18 wheelers in either a street/road pattern or a snow/traction type. The wheels are usually 7-8 inches wide, so big honk-konkus mudder types don't exist for those rims. The six hole wheels your talking about are probably from around the late 60's through the 80's mabe. THE SIX HOLES....... later the 22.5's went to ten hole and were primarily for short-haul 18 wheelers. The long-haul guys liked the 24.5 which were taller than the 22.5's LOOK, your looking in the wrong dirrection I think.

Dave911

There are plenty of traction type tires available in 22.5 rim sizes. Also retreads are plentiful in that size also.

If you want cheap super single traction tires I can't imagine a cheaper solution than the surplus Mil tires that are floating around. But if you are going to stick with duals and don't want NDT tires I'd try and go to 22.5 rims as they are the most common.

11x22.5,11-22.5 BIAS(NYLON) RECAPS LUG 22.5 TIRES,22/32

Most semis comes with 22.5 tires standard. Over the road trucks and regional trucks have pretty much the same requirements, unless of course you are going to go mountain climbing. ;-) It is just whether or not they have sleepers.

There is a local truck salvage/repair place here that routinely sells 22.5 and 24.5 wheels and tires for about $75 each. Some are in very good shape - some not so much.

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks