• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new, deuce one piece 22.5" rims??

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah Nick, keep that front axle disengaged, don't you know anything about transfercases?. . . :roll:

If you look closely at the pics in the thread he linked, you will notice he had his truck setup in "economy mode". What should be noticed is that the inside dual on the front tandem is a 22.5 in combination with a 9.00x20. What is not apparent is that the rear tandem has the driveshaft removed and is operating as a tag. On this day his truck was a 4x4.

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you look closely at the pics in the thread he linked, you will notice he had his truck setup in "economy mode". What should be noticed is that the inside dual on the front tandem is a 22.5 in combination with a 9.00x20. What is not apparent is that the rear tandem has the driveshaft removed and is operating as a tag. On this day his truck was a 4x4.

Inside joke, between me and Nick :razz:

I drove that truck in the long haul config!, complete with carpet, and cat bed! rofl

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Inside joke, between me and Nick :razz:

I drove that truck in the long haul config!, complete with carpet, and cat bed! :rofl:

I just got run over by a joke, :doh:! Oh well, I thought it was an interesting combo and surprised to see how well it worked.

I should have made the NM connection!

bgekky3

I wanted to get a Superduty, but it was over my budget. I just got the deuce and made it quiet with some road worthy tires. The Superduties at work get 6 to 10 MPG empty, but they have a lot of idle time. I got 8.9 MPG during my move with all my belongings in tow. I am sure Ed will post another pic of the airseats, 12v deap cycle bat, radio, Hector the cat, and most importantly a smiling wife.

Attachments

deathrowdave

I found them in a truck recycle yard in Lexington,Ky. (Spare Parts) .They are 7.00 X 22.5 one piece . I paid 55.00 each for them. They are used on parcel delivery trucks UPS,FEDEX,International recycle trucks. Fit on the deuce just like they were made for it !!!!! :idea::idea::idea:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of 22.5 rims on a military trailer. They have 10.00-22.5" radials on them. They are the same as the rims in post # 25. I'll sell them. PM if interested.

HonkyCat

This thread was started in 2005 and brought back again in 2009... so I hope no one minds another 4 year revival... :whistle:

The OP was wondering what folks thoughts were on using the M104A3 trailer wheels (one piece, tubeless, 22.5") as an alternative rim on the deuce. I couldn't find any pics of anyone using them on their deuce so maybe not a very popular idea... only 7" wide and not conducive to singling out (or dual obviously) on the rear...but I'm still curious to see pics of these on a deuce with any semi tire taller/beefier than the stock G186s. If anything, maybe a way to push the tires out a bit on the front of a deuce with the rears still dual or maybe as a set of wheels/tires just for running on the pavement:

images.jpg images (1).jpg

Also some talk of early Ford/UPS/FED-EX/motorhome 6 lug 22.5 tubeless rims being used on the deuce as well. I have seen a few pics of these with a semi road tire and without a little knobby to 'em I think they don't look right... but I recently came across one of these wheels on a Ford F-7 with a 22.5" Firestone T831s and I LOVE the look of this (just imagine OD green!!):

chuckscoleman7.jpg profilecomparison.jpg

I know G177s and T831s in the 11.00x20 military size can be had surplus and mount nicely on the stock lock ring wheels, but I was curious to anyone's experience with running tubeless 11.00x22.5 tires on their deuce using either of the wheels above, or some custom tubeless rims... would be cool to run a little different offset too, like this yellow GMC (minus the lock rings ;-)):

20x11_sdc_1pc_rim_wdeuce_center_plate_516.jpg 1964  2.5 Ton GMC  2nd.jpg

jdknech

This thread was started in 2005 and brought back again in 2009... so I hope no one minds another 4 year revival... :whistle:

The OP was wondering what folks thoughts were on using the M104A3 trailer wheels (one piece, tubeless, 22.5") as an alternative rim on the deuce. I couldn't find any pics of anyone using them on their deuce so maybe not a very popular idea... only 7" wide and not conducive to singling out (or dual obviously) on the rear...but I'm still curious to see pics of these on a deuce with any semi tire taller/beefier than the stock G186s. If anything, maybe a way to push the tires out a bit on the front of a deuce with the rears still dual or maybe as a set of wheels/tires just for running on the pavement:

Also some talk of early Ford/UPS/FED-EX/motorhome 6 lug 22.5 tubeless rims being used on the deuce as well. I have seen a few pics of these with a semi road tire and without a little knobby to 'em I think they don't look right... but I recently came across one of these wheels on a Ford F-7 with a 22.5" Firestone T831s and I LOVE the look of this (just imagine OD green!!):

I know G177s and T831s in the 11.00x20 military size can be had surplus and mount nicely on the stock lock ring wheels, but I was curious to anyone's experience with running tubeless 11.00x22.5 tires on their deuce using either of the wheels above, or some custom tubeless rims... would be cool to run a little different offset too, like this yellow GMC (minus the lock rings ;-)):

View attachment 444634
I really like that GMC!! :D

Dipstick

Hello all,
I believe the 11 as in 11R-20 refers to the height of the tire from the ground to the rim and not the width of the tire. In other words, the sidewalls of an 11R-20 tire are 11 inches high. Hence, a 10R-20 would have 10 inches of sidewall. I run Firestone T-831 11R-20s myself and I can assure you they are not 11 inches wide. They fit perfectly on 7" wide stock Deuce rims and the sidewalls of my duals on the back have enough clearance between them.

Varyag

I run g286s on mine and they are not 11 inches wide. The are 44 inches tall though and make the truck just drive beautifully. They also seem to do far better in mud then the NDCCs.

Dipstick

I am indeed missing four. I really like the last picture of your truck in the dirt. Mine worked well in snow this year. How do the Ts perform in dirt? Sweet camo paint and it seems you have a Donaldson muffler as do I. Lancaster? Not too far from Phillipsburg. I really must look into the 22.5 rims. I think my Stones will last a long time, but the day will soon come when 10 x 20 and 11R-20s are no longer available. I would like to score seven of the six bolt 22.5 rims for sure. Stop by if you're ever in P'burg.

Dipstick

I found them in a truck recycle yard in Lexington,Ky. (Spare Parts) .They are 7.00 X 22.5 one piece . I paid 55.00 each for them. They are used on parcel delivery trucks UPS,FEDEX,International recycle trucks. Fit on the deuce just like they were made for it !!!!! :idea::idea::idea:
Awesome! Can you give us the name of the recycle yard so we can inquire about them? Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks