• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Tires & Wheels Question...

archmark

I've finally gotten tired of scrounging for decent 9.00x20 NDT tires for my M185A3 and want to switch over to something that's more readily available. What's the easiest, most readily available current military wheel/tire setup to go with? I don't really care about keeping the dual tires on each rear axle, I just want something that would be a fairly easy swap. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!!!

archmark

I like 395's on aluminum MRAP rims with adapter plates.
Hey 98G long time no talk. Who sells the adapter plates and would 14.00x20 tires on 5 ton wheels work without the adapter plates and a whole lot of screwing around to get them on. I'm essentially looking for "plug & play" if such a thing exists in a FMV tire/wheel swap. THANKS...

Mark

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
14.00's won't clear due to space between the rear tandem. 5ton wheels are 10bolt and to my knowledge adapter plates dont exist.

395's are as big as you can go on a 6x6 deuce.

The last one we converted, we sourced adapter plates off Ebay. To my knowledge Peashooter is no longer making them.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Mig21us on ebay sells the adapter plates.

Cheapest route is to buy 395s and tubes and flaps and put em on stock wheels till you could save up for adapter plates and mrap wheels. They will work just fine. I have tires forsale in the classifieds

1400s on a deuce takes a little work as shown below.

Attachments

rustystud

Cheapest route is to buy 395s and tubes and flaps and put em on stock wheels till you could save up for adapter plates and mrap wheels. They will work just fine. I have tires forsale in the classifieds

There's an old fart (well at least he's older then me !) that lives in McKenna, WA. He installed 395's on his Deuce rims years ago now and has had no problems with them yet. He drives all over with this set-up too. I plan on buying some "Stryker" tires later this new year and install them on my Deuce rims. There not as wide as the 395's but there the same height though.

Captaincarrier

14.00's won't clear due to space between the rear tandem. 5ton wheels are 10bolt and to my knowledge adapter plates dont exist.

The last one we converted, we sourced adapter plates off Ebay. To my knowledge Peashooter is no longer making them.
I purchased six plates from Peashooter that are still in the box

Last edited by a moderator:

archmark

Thank You Simp...

archmark

Again, Thank You...

archmark

There's an old fart (well at least he's older then me !) that lives in McKenna, WA. He installed 395's on his Deuce rims years ago now and has had no problems with them yet. He drives all over with this set-up too. I plan on buying some "Stryker" tires later this new year and install them on my Deuce rims. There not as wide as the 395's but there the same height though.
Thanks for the info Studly. Are the Stryker tires readily available and can they be installed as dualies on the Deuce's rear axles or are they installed as singles?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
12.00R20s are not common but can fit in dual type on a deuce. They are Goodyear g272s they were used on the rear of a maxxpro mrap. Some XMLs are out there but are not common either

Some strykers use a 16in wheel. That use an XML tread

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you decide to go with 395's there are also a few different wheel types available. Really, it mostly depends on your budget. Adapter plates have gotten difficult & expensive enough, lately (actually I went on evil bay just now and they're about $100/ea), that going with a wheel might be the way to go. Nuts/bolts will run around another $200, give or take. I believe Eastern Surplus went the step of having a wheel made for the deuce that will fit the 395, though I don't know if it's DOT rated.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have six adaptor plates (new), six 10 lug steel wheels (used) and six 395-85r-20 tires that I am wanting to move. Anyone interested, just PM me.
I

Those are LMTV rims. Suitable for use on 939series 5tons and 809series 5tons.

I have never seen an adapter plate that will let them work on a deuce. The adapter plates I have seen for using a 10lug wheel on a deuce works with the 10lug MRAP rims.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I

Those are LMTV rims. Suitable for use on 939series 5tons and 809series 5tons.

I have never seen an adapter plate that will let them work on a deuce. The adapter plates I have seen for using a 10lug wheel on a deuce works with the 10lug MRAP rims.
Now you have the spec sheet for it. This plate replaces the outside wheel face of the LMTV wheel to go to a 6 lug deuce. It will similar to the other adapter plate shown. It does not bolt to the old lug pattern holes

Attachments

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks