• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from TX with 5 ton M925 driving home

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like a North Hood truck yes? If so follow what everyone else has said but do so after you pull out of their yard to give you more time. When you get home go through the wiring just to make sure rodents haven't nibbled anything through. Everything there has been sitting for a while in the field so I wouldnt blame you for bringing wasp spray just in case. I will be at Hood this Wednesday and can assist you if need be, I'm towing my M923 home.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Hey 3P, looks like a nice score. Welcome from Cape Cod, MA. Hope the recovery goes well. Let us know how it goes. Remember we like pictures. Enjoy the ride. I love mine. :driver:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may want to bring two new batteries. Even if the ones in the truck can be saved, if they need to be recharged, you may damage your alternator running it with dead batteries. The alternator will burn out trying to charge them and go into an overvoltage condition.

If your alternator is already in the red, you will not get far before chaos in sues. ( blown lights, gauges, abs, etc.)

Tornadogt

It looks like a North Hood truck yes? If so follow what everyone else has said but do so after you pull out of their yard to give you more time. When you get home go through the wiring just to make sure rodents haven't nibbled anything through. Everything there has been sitting for a while in the field so I wouldnt blame you for bringing wasp spray just in case. I will be at Hood this Wednesday and can assist you if need be, I'm towing my M923 home.
Take a Peek at my HEMTT while you are there, let me know if the tires are holding up....
Thanks Bud.

FivetonSparky

Hello "new to Texas with five ton. I too!!! have join the m923a2 five ton club. just received mine today. (03-15-2016) from El Paso. Bought it off govplant.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks