• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New gal from NY

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Regarding CARNAC's post, my first move anytime I get a CUCV is to swap out the glow plugs, whether they work or not, with non-swelling glow plugs. It will save you a headache later!;)

ralbelt

Welcome aboard, changing glow plugs is an easy job if none have swelled up.
I first used wellmans and just recently changed to AC 60g's changed out the spade connectors and resupplied the GPR with 12 volts about a 1hr job.

Scarecrow1

Well welcome from SC . I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do . These guys are a great ace in the hole where it counts. They have been a life saver more than they know :D

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SS (see link below) welcomes the lady from western New York aboard. :grin: Find a bunk (In the Women's Bay), stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Don't mind the hormone-happy guys around here.... They've been away too long. :jumpin::doh::cookoo:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SteelSoldiers.

Make sure you visit the http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showwiki.php?title=wiki:Cucv (CUCV Wiki) that is at the top of the page on the CUCV Forum. All of the CUCV Technical Manuals are listed and many other helpful bits of information. Download the manuals for reference. The wiring diagrams are in the appendix.

Also checkout the http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/20600-faq-thread-cucvs.html stickey. It is where we try to post helpful tips and tricks.

Almost every question you will have has been asked and answered many times. The advanced search will become your best friend. Please don't hesitate to ask something that you can't find.

Read the TM 9-2320-289-10 Operators Manual to find out how a stock system should work. It is simular to the Operators Manual for Civilian vehicles. It tells you where all the lights, switches, etc are located and what they do.

I would recomend against the 24v to 12v conversion. If you have problems it will be harder to troubleshoot for you.

Wipers can be helped by removing the capacitors in the wiring. Buy a receiver hitch and leave the pintle in place. You "will need" it later when you buy other OD Iron. The troubleshooting section of the TM 9-2320-289-20 manual covers the glowplug system very well. All of these are standard issues with these trucks. The fixes have been discussed many times.

Warthog

Last edited:
I just noticed this tread has over 13,000 views in 24 hours, Hmmmm must be the M1028, or its that fine looking horse trailer :doh: Oh I get it its that shes from New York.
You go Girl !!!![thumbzup]

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just noticed this tread has over 13,000 views in 24 hours, Hmmmm must be the M1028, or its that fine looking horse trailer :doh: Oh I get it its that shes from New York.
You go Girl !!!![thumbzup]
I first thought you are joking, but it checked out, must be a bloody record. We definitely need more women on this site if this bunch so overreacts. Be glad though that they did not all answers with smart or funny remarks ;-).

lonegunman

Some of these guys have never talked to a gurl in real life, don't let the marriage proposals and requests for a picture throw you,,:p.

That being said, this place has just about every OD painted truck ever made covered in one place or another. I'm sure somebody can help on about anything. One of my brothers buddies swapped the engine for a 350 crate motor and swapped the entire wiring harness. Suddenly everything was 12 volts, cleaned up and powered up nicely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks