• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New GL policy warning

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like having steel fingered gloves because people are stupid enough to stick their fingers in meat grinders.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I were steel toe from time to time, but one day I was with out working the M936 and I dropped a boom support on my right foot.
It broke the middle toe. If I would have had steel toe boots on I would of been ok.
So I guess it is not a bad thing for GL just have to remember to take them with you.

Sorry about the pics of my Foot.

Attachments

FloridaAKM

While moving a few boxes of parts around the house, I dropped (it rolled off the box) an RPK .30 rifle barrel (unbuilt) on my foot like the picture of M35A2-AZ 's foot, except that it hit on the top bridge of the foot. My foot turned purple & swelled up to where no shoe would fit for a week or so. Steel toes are great, but you have to be wearing them for them to work. Just puttering around the house early one morning can have some painful moments if you are not careful!
I were steel toe from time to time, but one day I was with out working the M936 and I dropped a boom support on my right foot.
It broke the middle toe. If I would have had steel toe boots on I would of been ok.
So I guess it is not a bad thing for GL just have to remember to take them with you.

Sorry about the pics of my Foot.

ageregunner

I work for a pharmaceutical packaging company that requires us to wear steel toes. They give us $100 a year to purchase these. The Rockport and the Timberland boots I have been wearing are comfortable for dailey use and have been giving me years of further use around my property after being retired from work use. Safety shoes are like any personal protective gear, once you get into the habit of wearing, it becomes second nature. This is also true with safety glasses, vehicle seat belts, and hearing protection. There is no excuse for not using PPE!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nothing wrong with safety, I even wear a silicone rubber wedding ring that way I don't have to worry about crushing it wrenching or frying myself when working around electrical. Color_Camo.jpgNow they even come in Camo.

FloridaAKM

No, those are designed for sex & when you get it full enough from your designated usage, it pops off & you are left with an oops moment..........or worse.

How did we get to this level anyway........................

phil2968

As I said, if your watching what your doing. ..

You can't protect from everything.
No, but we can protect ourselves from known hazards. We have learned from others misfortune. Not using PPE is asking to fail where others have. Use it and avoid the pitfalls of others.
Do you wear hearing protection in your deuce? If you do, why do you?
Even if you are watching what your doing you can still go deaf watching.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing wrong with safety, I even wear a silicone rubber wedding ring that way I don't have to worry about crushing it wrenching or frying myself when working around electrical. View attachment 550812Now they even come in Camo.
I worked at Western Auto in the 80's as a store manager at a company owned store. We showed a safety video to our newly hired installers in the shop made in house. One piece showed what a ring would do to a finger and showed the carnage from a battery install gone wrong.

There was also a segment about long hair ( 80's ....) and showed an employee who got a free hair cut with a car running and hair entrapment and a piece of scalp that would not need to ever be cut again.....

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got an email from GL. As of today, you are not permitted on their grounds to load out without steel toe shoes. I am done doing load outs!

It won't be a problem for me. I always wear steel or carbon fiber protected work boots when there. A hard hat, hearing protection, and safety glasses in truck if needed. Nothing new. Most places I went to all the way back into the early 70's like US Steel, Republic Steel, and others required a hard hat and sometimes more when on their property when loading/unloading. If you did not have the items you would be told not to get out of your truck in some circumstances.

Artisan

I have been wearing and buying boots since I was 15.
Hands down the best ankle top boots I have ever found
are the Michelin #XHY866. Are they heavy? yes. But these
things are a GREAT tool.

Steel Shank
Steel Toe
Speed Lace
Water Proof
Non Marring

turnkey

Worn steel-toe safety shoes in the USN all the time...No different than today.....We great Gov issused S/S shoes....They are now on the web site for sale in bulk.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too have seen someone with steel toe shoes get his toes almost amputated from stupidity. BTW, steel toe shoes are hard to get off when they are flattened.

Protective gear is great, but it won't necessarily save you. You have to be smart when you use it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks