• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New GL policy warning

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It won't be a problem for me. I always wear steel or carbon fiber protected work boots when there. A hard hat, hearing protection, and safety glasses in truck if needed. Nothing new. Most places I went to all the way back into the early 70's like US Steel, Republic Steel, and others required a hard hat and sometimes more when on their property when loading/unloading. If you did not have the items you would be told not to get out of your truck in some circumstances.
Doesn't count, I asked.

If the metal detector doesn't beep, your s.o.l.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing wrong with safety, I even wear a silicone rubber wedding ring that way I don't have to worry about crushing it wrenching or frying myself when working around electrical. View attachment 550812Now they even come in Camo.
I don't wear a wedding ring for this reason. I didn't know they made rubber ones. I have seen people tattoo wedding rings on their finger.

Gimpy, is this just some sites or all of them? I was at Ft. Campbell today and nothing was said of it.

I wear work boots 99% of the time when I have shoes on. About the only time I don't is when I'm at the beach or something like that. It's nice to have that extra protection when you need it. Never buy anything but Red Wings. They cost a fortune but will outlast all others I've seen and are as comfortable as wearing any other shoe.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If Gimp had slipped and slide with that drill press.
He would have been promoting steel drawers to protect the jewels lol.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A few years ago, I had been working on the m62, pulled the trans, clutch and flywheel, had been wearing soft toed shoes, the next day I put on steel toe boots, why I do not know, may be grandson had "hidden" one of the soft toes, anyway, I went to load the fly wheel into the pu to get it surface/balanced, I DROPPED it as I was loading it, landed dead on my right TOE, the STEEL TOE took the hit, if I had my soft toes on, the fly wheel would have SMASHED ALL the toes into the ground, maybe even cutting them off, needless to say, ALL my work around the trucks is done with steel toes on NOW

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, I did the load out today.

Seems the steel-toe rule is in effect only if you go in the building. I was somehow copied on a list of people that go in GL to pack things getting shipped as a service.

I will tell you what, the folks in the office, that work at GL are less than happy. I asked the girls working there if they were going to find steel-toe stilettos, they didn't see as much humor in it as I did, go figure.

Still not doing any more load outs.

wdbtchr

I grew up wearing steel toes when I first went to work in a chemical plant. I'm retired and 65 now and still wear them cause smashed toes hurt. Believe it or not Iron Age makes a steel toed tennis shoe.

As far as long hair, there was a Hager Hinge plant next to us that had a long haired worker get caught in a drill press. They sent the hair and scalp on a tour of the area manufacturing plants in the early 70's. All I can say is disgusting but effective.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks