• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Ioway

IowaFamilyGuy

Hey there,

I'm an ex soldier who worked both sided of the rank (never went WO though).

I have been planning on buying a truck for a bit, but never found a good solid stripped work truck that was worth my time repairing. I drove by a Local Reserve center and saw the old 1008s sitting outside and remembered that they were exactly what I was looking for.

Long story short, I found you guys, and have been lurking about a week. I think it's time to show my face.

I'm a professional Computer Geek, guitarist, and repair tube and older solid state electronics for fun. I'll offer help where I can, and hope you do the same

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site!

Forget the CUCV-get a deuce :) That's how we roll here.

As Emmado22 says "I guess if I was going to hang on SS, I had to get a deuce" :p

Ioway? Is that near Iowa?......Welcome.
Iowaaaaay over there..........................................

wikallen

Hi IFG , I am around 110 miles north of you near Austin Mn. Great to see a new future MV owner in my neck of the corn.

Speaking of Austin, I was up there today and saw 2 deuces, and a gama goat sitting in front of some building on the edge of town.

Oh, and I am in Waterloo

dcbrown

Welcome!

Welcome to the site. You'll find a bewildering volume of experience, expertise and know-how at this site. These folks are awesome and bend over backwords to help others. Welcome.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! I went to Waterloo East. Grew up with Rat4Spd in Evansdale.

Katch1

welcome to the site, I was kind of alone when I lived in Iowa and drove a deuce, now that I moved there seems to be more.

As close as you live make a point to make it to Iola late summer, well worth the short dive.

IowaFamilyGuy

Great to know that there are some SS's in and around the 'Loo. I'm a transplant, but it's a nice place to live.

I'll look into Iola too. Don't know that I've ever made it there.

wikallen

I think this is what you saw. Just stumbled upon this the other day on ebay. I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH THIS AUCTION. M 35 A2 deuce and half 1971 parts turbo : eBay Motors (item 270231764182 end time May-14-10 16:09:37 PDT)
Seems a fairly decent buy it now price. Hmmm maybe I will make a 400.00 offer (in response to wikallen)
Yep, that is the place. Arts Parts. I remember seeing the sign. I have to run up there again in the morning, maybe I can find the time to stop and look around.

Bobert

Welcome from the Des Moines area. There are quite a few of us scattered all over the state. I've counted 22 that have posted so far. Good to see another.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks