• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Ioway

IowaFamilyGuy

Hey there,

I'm an ex soldier who worked both sided of the rank (never went WO though).

I have been planning on buying a truck for a bit, but never found a good solid stripped work truck that was worth my time repairing. I drove by a Local Reserve center and saw the old 1008s sitting outside and remembered that they were exactly what I was looking for.

Long story short, I found you guys, and have been lurking about a week. I think it's time to show my face.

I'm a professional Computer Geek, guitarist, and repair tube and older solid state electronics for fun. I'll offer help where I can, and hope you do the same

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site!

Forget the CUCV-get a deuce :) That's how we roll here.

As Emmado22 says "I guess if I was going to hang on SS, I had to get a deuce" :p

Ioway? Is that near Iowa?......Welcome.
Iowaaaaay over there..........................................

wikallen

Hi IFG , I am around 110 miles north of you near Austin Mn. Great to see a new future MV owner in my neck of the corn.

Speaking of Austin, I was up there today and saw 2 deuces, and a gama goat sitting in front of some building on the edge of town.

Oh, and I am in Waterloo

dcbrown

Welcome!

Welcome to the site. You'll find a bewildering volume of experience, expertise and know-how at this site. These folks are awesome and bend over backwords to help others. Welcome.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! I went to Waterloo East. Grew up with Rat4Spd in Evansdale.

Katch1

welcome to the site, I was kind of alone when I lived in Iowa and drove a deuce, now that I moved there seems to be more.

As close as you live make a point to make it to Iola late summer, well worth the short dive.

IowaFamilyGuy

Great to know that there are some SS's in and around the 'Loo. I'm a transplant, but it's a nice place to live.

I'll look into Iola too. Don't know that I've ever made it there.

wikallen

I think this is what you saw. Just stumbled upon this the other day on ebay. I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH THIS AUCTION. M 35 A2 deuce and half 1971 parts turbo : eBay Motors (item 270231764182 end time May-14-10 16:09:37 PDT)
Seems a fairly decent buy it now price. Hmmm maybe I will make a 400.00 offer (in response to wikallen)
Yep, that is the place. Arts Parts. I remember seeing the sign. I have to run up there again in the morning, maybe I can find the time to stop and look around.

Bobert

Welcome from the Des Moines area. There are quite a few of us scattered all over the state. I've counted 22 that have posted so far. Good to see another.