• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Syracuse NY area

UpstateNYer

Hello all. I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for the wealth of info on this site. I have been poking around here for a while and have just recently become a member. Funds are finally available for my first MV purchase, so I am looking for a M35A2. Thanks again guys, and anyone with a suggestion on a truck let me know.:-D

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't know him yet, introduce yourself to D8DAVE (Dave Pozzi). He lives right near you. He is a good friend of mine.

UpstateNYer

I am actually meeting with 3 guys that are going on a road trip Saturday. I know a mutual friend of theirs. 1 is from Fayetteville (Greg I think), 1 from Cazanovia, and the other from Chittenango. Is Dave one of these guys probably?

Edit: I answered my own question and read Dave's Bio, I have seen his bobbed Deuce at some car shows here.

Last edited:

joshuaz223

welcome. I'm local and like you have the funds and searching. i cant decide on an a2 or a3. when are you going to look at the trucks? i would like to tag along if possible.

UpstateNYer

welcome. I'm local and like you have the funds and searching. i cant decide on an a2 or a3. when are you going to look at the trucks? i would like to tag along if possible.
I am waiting on a phone call from 1 of the guys, I am going to take a look at the couple they are driving before they leave. The plan is for many MVs to travel from Owego to Sterling down Route 38 with a stop in Groton I think. Tom (68impalass) would know more: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/40825-got-mail-today.html

I want a A2C or A2D, I do not have the funds for an A3. Boy my neighbors are going to hate me.

LanceRobson

We live in Sennett, about half way between Auburn and Skaneatles. I'm proud to say that I helped infect Greg and through him John in Cazenovia.

I've got a M35A2 with single 11.00R20 XLs and a nice M35A2C drop-side truck for sale. Also, Ed King has a couple of M35A2s for sale in Auburn, too.

Lance

UpstateNYer

We live in Sennett, about half way between Auburn and Skaneatles. I'm proud to say that I helped infect Greg and through him John in Cazenovia.

I've got a M35A2 with single 11.00R20 XLs and a nice M35A2C drop-side truck for sale. Also, Ed King has a couple of M35A2s for sale in Auburn, too.

Lance
I actually have never met either of them, I know Dan D. who knows them. Tell me more about your trucks, the one with singles sounds up my alley.

5tonpuller

Hi there. I am glad to see another NYer here. I live a little farther south then the rest.

Hello all. I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for the wealth of info on this site. I have been poking around here for a while and have just recently become a member. Funds are finally available for my first MV purchase, so I am looking for a M35A2. Thanks again guys, and anyone with a suggestion on a truck let me know.:-D

jfccac

another upstater

Hey...I'm John from Cazenovia.

I'm not sure I'll be able to make the Saturday trip (work is killing me) but Greg (he's in Pompey) has two trucks...a 109 and a 35. Grep will be going.

I spoke to Scott in Chittenango a few days ago. I'm pretty sure he's gonna make the trip.

I bought my 35 off of GL last Feb...and have been real lucky with it. I've driven the heck out of it and have only had to replace the generator. I have a $25 paint job on it and have around $1000 invested in it overall.

PM me if you wanna come check out my ride.

JC

x-ray

Hi & Welcome;

I'm ralso in Western NY (Brockport/Rochester Area) relatively new as well and recently purchased my first M35A2 from Ft Drum. This has caused 2 of my friends to also bid and win deuces. Just made a recovery from Drum last week.

Check the GL auction for Ft drum listings wait until they have a good number of trucks to preview and give them a good looking over as a preview. Also there are always several army trucks parts on the Syracuse Craigs list - probably originating from Drum.

Can't go wrong with a good Deuce, I love mine.

Good luck.

6x6junkie

hey bud kublos is about 1 hr from you i dont have his # but he has alot of turn key trucks there there was a video of his inventroy on here somewhere

BajaEET

Another guy from Chittenango

Hi, I'm Sean, another guy from Chittenango. I'm new to the MV thing too, just got my first deuce this summer. Good luck shopping! Perhaps we should have a Syracuse rally, there seems to be quite a few of us around here.

atilathehun

Hello all this is atilathehun i am from West Edmeston NY and i am 30 minutes south of utica. If you guys are ever in the area you are welcome to stop in and look at my truck i have a m54a2. I also have alot of farm land to take the trucks out on. And i am real close to state forest with truck trails on it. Oh and welcome to the site.

UpstateNYer

hey bud kublos is about 1 hr from you i dont have his # but he has alot of turn key trucks there there was a video of his inventroy on here somewhere
I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome. Well I have picked out a truck, last weekend John (JFCCAC ) and I took a trip to Kublo's. I bought a very clean hardtop with heat, as well as all of the parts I need for my crew-cab and 4x4 conversion. I will remember my camera on Saturday when I pick it up, and take lots of pictures. They have at least 50-75 trucks there, M109's, M35A2's, long beds, drop sides, a bobber, 5 ton's..... They are good people to deal with also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks