• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new guy from WV

m1028#13

Howdy folks, checking in from WV. Been lurking around and taking advantage of the wealth of info on here for a while now.

I just purchased my first CUCV, a 1985 M1028. I'm loving it! It has a few issues, but hey, it's 25 years old!

Hope to stick around for a while. even if only for the GREAT info.

randyman

Welcome from an eastern panhandle Mountaineer. I also have an m1028 and like you said, they are 25 years old. However, after you sort out most of the age related issues-fluids, seals,etc.-it should make you a great vehicle. Mine did.

m1028#13

Well, thanks for the warm welcome folks. I was gonna try to take some pics of my rig today, but daylight has run out on me :(. I do have a name for it though, I'm calling it "Brutus" lol. I think it fits. Rest assured, I will be taking some pics as soon as i get the chance [thumbzup]

To answer those who were curious, I'm up in Mon county. LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS (oh wait, we blew it in the final four :(, lol )

Now i'm off to do some research on rewiring my glow plugs on a momentary switch, then looking at rewiring for a push button starter too. Someone down the line before me did both already, but it doesn't look like a very good job to me.

m1028#13

Well, it took a little longer than anticipated, but i managed to take a few pics of the truck. It does have a few rust issues, but over all it's pretty solid.