• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new guy from WV

m1028#13

Howdy folks, checking in from WV. Been lurking around and taking advantage of the wealth of info on here for a while now.

I just purchased my first CUCV, a 1985 M1028. I'm loving it! It has a few issues, but hey, it's 25 years old!

Hope to stick around for a while. even if only for the GREAT info.

randyman

Welcome from an eastern panhandle Mountaineer. I also have an m1028 and like you said, they are 25 years old. However, after you sort out most of the age related issues-fluids, seals,etc.-it should make you a great vehicle. Mine did.

m1028#13

Well, thanks for the warm welcome folks. I was gonna try to take some pics of my rig today, but daylight has run out on me :(. I do have a name for it though, I'm calling it "Brutus" lol. I think it fits. Rest assured, I will be taking some pics as soon as i get the chance [thumbzup]

To answer those who were curious, I'm up in Mon county. LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS (oh wait, we blew it in the final four :(, lol )

Now i'm off to do some research on rewiring my glow plugs on a momentary switch, then looking at rewiring for a push button starter too. Someone down the line before me did both already, but it doesn't look like a very good job to me.

m1028#13

Well, it took a little longer than anticipated, but i managed to take a few pics of the truck. It does have a few rust issues, but over all it's pretty solid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks