• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Humvee Suspension from Oshkosh Defense

I bet its a beefed up 6.5 with a heavy duty allison feeding the same transfer case they use on other vehicle of similar weight. If I were the govment id wanna try to share parts across as many platforms as possible.

Parabellum

does anybody knows if tak4 is available for purchase by civi?
I am toting the idea of a idependent suspention deuce with diesel electric trasmition. ****! the guys from osh kosh stole my idea with HEMTT

Parabellum

I am toting the idea of a idependent suspention deuce with diesel electric trasmition. ****! the guys from osh kosh stole my idea with HEMTT

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter

i believe they put the tak4 on fire trucks also....so it is possible to get it.

Parabellum

i believe they put the tak4 on fire trucks also....so it is possible to get it.
on firetrucks they are puting it on Pierce that is their brand and as far I as was able to find out they use it only on front, but i might be wrong. I did few times some ggl search on "buy tak4" but every-time i come up with nothing.
any how is an intriguing idea!!

Parabellum

looks like the ELSORV suspension.
I believe that ELSORV suspension have live axle back and front not IFS and IRS, correct me if I am wrong. I am a big fan of independent suspension in everything and usually I try to find out as much as possible about the systems out here.
Another delirious dream idea of mine is to do a off road with inhub electrical drive. I knoe , i knoe it has a big unsprung weight..etc but still i dreaming about it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks