• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Humvee Suspension from Oshkosh Defense

I bet its a beefed up 6.5 with a heavy duty allison feeding the same transfer case they use on other vehicle of similar weight. If I were the govment id wanna try to share parts across as many platforms as possible.

Parabellum

does anybody knows if tak4 is available for purchase by civi?
I am toting the idea of a idependent suspention deuce with diesel electric trasmition. ****! the guys from osh kosh stole my idea with HEMTT

Parabellum

I am toting the idea of a idependent suspention deuce with diesel electric trasmition. ****! the guys from osh kosh stole my idea with HEMTT

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter

i believe they put the tak4 on fire trucks also....so it is possible to get it.

Parabellum

i believe they put the tak4 on fire trucks also....so it is possible to get it.
on firetrucks they are puting it on Pierce that is their brand and as far I as was able to find out they use it only on front, but i might be wrong. I did few times some ggl search on "buy tak4" but every-time i come up with nothing.
any how is an intriguing idea!!

Parabellum

looks like the ELSORV suspension.
I believe that ELSORV suspension have live axle back and front not IFS and IRS, correct me if I am wrong. I am a big fan of independent suspension in everything and usually I try to find out as much as possible about the systems out here.
Another delirious dream idea of mine is to do a off road with inhub electrical drive. I knoe , i knoe it has a big unsprung weight..etc but still i dreaming about it!