• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Looks for Hannibal

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't posted in this thread for a while, but I thought it was fitting to resurrect it for this project. The original 686 sand on my truck was was a more "brown" shade and the Rapco 686 sand, that I have used for upgrading projects is more "yellowy". I decided to blend at it all to the Rapco sand shade. In the meantime, I repainted my left door star with Rustoleum Professional flat-back using the masking rather than stenciling technique; nice sharp edges. I re-shot the lifting shackles and radiator with black also. I took the mirror assemblies off and shot with fresh Rapco 383 green. I replaced all the black decals, i.e. bumper numbers, small stars, with Rick Larsen's products. I also re-did my unit insignia and non-profits magnetic boards for the tailgate with new decals, reflective tape and magnetic sheeting. The red/white and yellow conspic. tape is all original.

BEFORE....
Street pics 03-05-13 (5).jpgStreet pics 03-05-13 (4).jpgHood-Solargizer 005.jpgSDC11910.jpg

And AFTER...
DSC_0141.jpgDSC_0138.jpgDSC_0144.jpgDSC_0145.jpgDSC_0142.jpgDSC_0143.jpg

I am very happy with the results.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also dropped the right/rear mudguard water can holder to compensate for the recently installed marker lights.

DSC_0147.jpgDSC_0148.jpg

What it looked like before...
Jerery Can Holders 02-21-11 002.jpg