• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Looks for Hannibal

raeme

That's one **** of a top jigger Brian, you must be like me and just keep adding on and always improving. It does work out
pretty cheap when you sit down and think about it.
raeme.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hannibals green twin.... i like all the mods you have done... gives me some ideas
:driver:[thumbzup]:grd: I take it that is one of Hundy's creations? Lookin' nice. Can't tell in the pics, but is that a solid green or 3 color camo soft top? I'm looking for a solid green and Erik's is out of stock and he doesn't know if he will get more.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally had some free time to tie up some loose ends and take pics of my latest work...

Pics 1 & 2: Brand new bumper step kit installed on right side...gives me one on each side now.
Pics 3 & 4: All new mirror kit installed on both sides.
Pic 5: New passenger side door to include a new window regulator.
Pic 6: 12" extension and new Donaldson inlet cap on air cleaner assembly.
Pics 7 & 8: FMTV style seat installed on standard springer base...much more comfortable.
Pics 9 & 10: NATO Slave plug kit installed on new battery box.

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And...continuing this series...
Pics 11 & 12: I had my radiator rebuilt, new core, new hardware and gaskets on both tanks and a quick coat of black paint...no more burning maple syrup;)

Enjoy...more to come soon....

Attachments

Last edited:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New Bed Tie-downs

On St. Patty's Day weekend I installed 12 recessed bed tie-downs. I bought two six packs of NOS tie-downs from Coleman's for $12.95 a pack. As I do not own any welding equipment and my skills are lacking, I attached the tie-downs with all Grade 8 hardware. I cut 12 4" holes with a hole saw to accommodate the tie-downs. The first cut went bad and tore up my hole saw. I cut into the weld that runs just above the bed floor:doh:. Well, I regrouped and made the rest of the cuts about 3/8" higher. No more problems. The only other thing I had to do was move the side reflectors up above the end tie-downs. All in all they came out nice and I like the new look.

Attachments

Last edited:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thumbs up Brian!:beer: Hopefully the neighbors didn't mind all the noise while cutting them holes.
The neighbors don't sweat me at all. I store the truck off site,
I just don't have the real estate to keep it home all the time. So, it's kind of a novelty when I have it home.

The hole saw sure made a heck of a racket even with the cutting wax I put on the blade.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a reversing light and back up alarm yesterday. I posted a project "how-to" write-up with photos. Check it out below...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-mods-hot-rodding/86106-reversing-light-alarm-m809-series.html

Today I installed all new seat belts on the driver and companion seats to spec. The companion seat now has two individual seat belts. I was not satisfied with the original set-up.

Tomorrow I am going to finish, and hopefully install, a front grille license plate holder I am fabricating from 1/4" aluminum plate stock.