• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1009 Owner

BigRix

Ordered up an antenna for use with my CB. AB-558 base with MS-116, 117, and 118 antenna sections. $67 delivered to my door.

Looks the part and I put an SWR meter on it and without trimming it is reading 2.0 in channel 1 and 1.5 in 40.

I will play with it but for now it won't burn up my radio.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349743459.377917.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349743489.343668.jpg

I tied some para cord on so I can put it in drive thru mode.

PeeWeeQ

Just wondering, BigRix, how you like the 4.10s? Have they made a big difference? I've thought about going to at least 3.73s, but, I had an old '85 Toy[ota] with stock 4.10s and I liked those with larger-than-stock tires (31 10.50s) and the 4-banger for sure. If I wanted to go to 33s I would have definately needed 4.56 gears.

I know these 3.08s are all right for tooling down the road, but I'd like to do some trail riding/offroading and perhaps some snow plowing, and I'm sure they won't cut it, or, for sure won't last...

What say you?

Nice lookin' rig, by the way. I've gotta get some paint on mine before winter hits here in WI....

BigRix

I actually decided to stick with the stock 3.08 axles after putting smaller tires on it. The acceleration was awful with the 35's but not half bad with the 32's.

It still sits too high for me but my co worker has a 90 K5 and we are swapping front springs soon. His sits an inch lower in the front and he want it to be level so he will get my front springs. I will take his and then put 3" blocks in the back. This will save me a lot of money as lowering back to stock would require new shocks, u bolts, steering arm, and brake hoses.

BigRix

Things have been going slow with this project lately. I had to turn her into my daily driver after my daughter wrecked her car and I let her drive mine till I got it back on the road.

Didn't have any thing to do yesterday so I shot the rest of my paint on the front of the truck. The pressure regulator gave up in the middle of the shoot and started just blowing paint everywhere. A few runs and some weird texture but it's a ten foot paint job anyways.

I think I accomplished the "Pissed Off Private" style of paint job.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

It's running and driving great.

photo (8).jpgphoto (9).jpgphoto (10).jpg

CUCVSRK

Wow your really coming along with this it looks great! I'm impressed that it fit on that u haul trailer are you going to do unit markings?

BigRix

Letting the paint cure for now and I'm up in the air about camo. I do plan to put markings back on it either way.

Just picked up a M101A2 to drag behind it so I'm gonna have to buy some more paint.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355146000.074304.jpg

It needs some work but I think I can make one good trailer out of the two that I have.

BigRix

And as to your comment about the Uhaul trailer, it didn't fit very well. Had to put a smaller tire on the front and still it barely fit. I think both the trailer and my truck were pushed to their limits with that one.