• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M109A3

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking truck! Congrats! Amazing how those miles just sneak on there, isn't it? Been looking at 109's meself. Hmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,

Canislupus

Camo... Camo.... Camo... Camo...
And ya got all the Window Sliders. I think it looks funny with the winch though. You should take it off and send it to me. Really not many with Winches.

Awesome 109 !

KaiserM109

Nope, that M109A3 is no good. I think you better send it to me so that I can check it out in person to make sure it is up to scratch!

:D

Good looking truck. Everyone knows that all the cool guys drive M109's ;)
Sorry, m109guy. He can't send his truck that far north. He'll have to send it to me for checkout. He does need it checked out with an MKT behind it and I can accomodate him there. Thanks to Mike in SC I have the canvas almost up to standards.
Yes, from Sparta. I bought mine for $3800 plus tax and GLs fees.
Now let me make all of you guys feel bad, I paid $773 plus fees for mine in June, 1967. I climbed in and drove it home pulling my Bronco behind. The only problem with mine is it has no winch, no heater, no power steering and no turbo (presently no fuel pump, either).

Welcome to the 109 club!

Pawnshop

Mine was $704, including GL's 10%:)

Came with a new: radiator, steering wheel, wheel cylinders, almost new tires, and one new wheel!

Did NOT come with: boarding ladder, anything inside, turbo (though I am getting used to that) and good batteries!

Attachments

m109guy

No idea what the difference is between the M109A2 and M109A3, but from what I have seen and read there doesn't seem to be much of one.

Most M109's out there today are A3's.

Mine is an A3 and I have seen an A2 with pretty much all the same specs as mine. There must be some sort of difference (engine possibly like having a turbo or not, etc), but I have not seen anything in the manuals about it. I do know that the M109A1 was a gasser though.

But I am told that anyone with an A3 is cooler than someone with an A2 :D

SGTStewart

M109A3 update: Reported by Carnac and just confermed by Andydieselpower that my M109 is not a 1972, as I was told by GL. It is actually a 1988 and pos a ex Air Force truck.

StatesvilleNC

Great looking shop van Sarge. Wish I had a winch on mine. I've had mine for 10 years or so. Bought it from a guy in Pa, Richard Greene. Anybody out there been around long enough to remember Richard? He was a great guy who had a whole yard full of deuces. He always had a big ad in all the magazines and was a wealth of knowledge. He died a few years back.

The one I've got is a '73 A3. In the back it has a file cabinet on the left side near the door and a desk on the right side, with sliding baskets in racks on both sides from the floor to the roof. The baskets are lined with foam boxes that apparently held delicate parts. In researching the nomenclature on the file cabinet labels, it appears it was a support vehicle for the Hawk Guided missle system.

I've often wondered what happened to all of Richard's deuces and parts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks