• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M35A2 owner from CT!

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the community! Not that it's a competition, but I drove my deuce 1k miles home :cool:

I can't give you any advice, I'm full of ideas though.

eleven_mike

Welcome to the community! Not that it's a competition, but I drove my deuce 1k miles home 😎
You totally win, nice ride!!!!! 2 days or 3?

But I’ll raise you with total MV (approx) driving experience
- 75 miles M1A1 Abrams
- 1000 miles M113 APC
- 4000 miles M2A2 Bradley (+ god knows how many miles as gunner including 8 months combat zone)
- 15000 miles M923/925 5Ton (1000 combat zone)
- 10000 miles M998 HMMWV (2000 combat zone)
- but only about 800 miles in a deuce before this trip; at least that was 100% off-road/no road around Ft Irwin, mostly with troops in the back + a water buffalo

I can't give you any advice, I'm full of ideas though.
Hit me, I’m all ears... 😄

eleven_mike

Welcome and congratulations on the new acquisition. The M35A2C w/w trucks were fairly rare as most came wo/w. Is it an original truck that came out that way (check the data plate), or did the original owner add the winch? It is fine either way. I am just curious.
Thanks! Original was wo/w, but it looks like it was added at the depot where it spent its life, not the private owner. The data plate on the hard top looks like mil supply chain and is dated 1997, and the winch looks distinctly older. The winch data plate on the dash also looks nearly as old as the gear ratio plate. Can’t find a date plate for the winch though.

Attachments

fasttruck

Think about checking the flange bolts at each end of all 4 driveshafts. Loose flange bolts falling out will ruin your day. The biggest troublemaker on the truck is usually the shaft between the transmission and the transfer case.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Jackshaft. I have except for once, ever ever seen one instance of "jackshaft" in writing in the TM's but is is like really important to pull the floor pieces up and retighten it all. They are special nuts on the bolts but do get loose.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Jackshaft. I have except for once, ever ever seen one instance of "jackshaft" in writing in the TM's but is is like really important to pull the floor pieces up and retighten it all. They are special nuts on the bolts but do get loose.
Frank,

I love the "Cuss Adapter" (feature) on your wrench! Hanging over the jackshaft, tightening the bolts.

Eventually the wrench will slip out of you hands and end up on the ground.
That little piece of string keeps you from climbing up and down to fetch the wrench

I call it a Cuss Adapter since it keeps you (Me for sure!) from saying bad words. :cool:

Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks