• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M561 in family

DotusPL

a step forward two back ....
After painting, bubbles came out ...It turned out that the foam inside is wet and needs to be replaced and sealedFoam applied as in boats

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, rip all that old insulation out and put new in. The moisture won't ever go away completely once it's gotten soaked.

You're making great progress!

SgtMajHarper

Probably floatation, but I heard the heaters on the Gama Goats have two settings - "off" and "turn me over I'm done on this side", so maybe it is insulation! :)
The foam is for buoyancy, although there would likely be some insulating value to it. The tractor has a bilge pump to get rid of leakage and is single walled construction and no foam, the carrier (trailer looking thing) does not have a bilge pump and is built of a double wall with the foam sandwiched inside. Also the heater in the tractor if so equipped, doesn't provide any heat into the carrier, that takes a separate heater usually found only in ambulances. Actually the heater has a low and high setting, they recommend you may not even want to use the defroster because it is like being a half a mile from the sun and it cracks the windshield.

mutt_r

I purchased my M35A2 in 2013 and after disassembling, sandblasting, painting it is still a puzzle. But I hope to have the Deuce back on the road in 2024. With a title and license plate for a historical vehicle. Do not give up!

I also have a M561 in my yard, partly restored. The carrier is already done and painted in MERDC. Excellent job done by the previous owner. The tractor is the next project.

By the way, I own a running M561, too. So welcome here and if you have any question (from Poland to Germany), please do not hesitate to ask.

Some of my nightmares are documented in pictures on my EU site.

cgraham1

I purchased my M35A2 in 2013 and after disassembling, sandblasting, painting it is still a puzzle. But I hope to have the Deuce back on the road in 2024. With a title and license plate for a historical vehicle. Do not give up!

I also have a M561 in my yard, partly restored. The carrier is already done and painted in MERDC. Excellent job done by the previous owner. The tractor is the next project.

By the way, I own a running M561, too. So welcome here and if you have any question (from Poland to Germany), please do not hesitate to ask.

Some of my nightmares are documented in pictures on my EU site.
Hi, I really enjoyed reading your account. I have a restored goat that my son and I worked on here in Pennsylvania, US. If you get over here I would be happy to take you for a ride in it. I would also enjoy seeing your goat sometime. I get to Germany occasionally as my company has an office there. It is nice that you can build a second goat. I would also, but I have nowhere to put it and the wife would be mad!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks