• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New manual start box install

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
My Kubota tractor has a manual glow. I have cycled the glowplugs after start and can't tell any difference. But it hasn't been cold weather.
It's always good to have feedback and all...

The after glow programming may have been to reduce burnt fuel or emissions control or just to smooth out a real cold start. Getting a double stack with the ON time is chance to waste a plug or two or eight. I have watch a ton of videos. Some operator wait it out and some ???? Protective control box. What are they protecting?

Plugs are kinda like light bulbs... On and off and on and POOF. Sure, over time one plug is going to bite the dust. Having a computer go wonkie and blow them all... NOT again for this guy. Question... does one really think smart boxes have EMP proof designs? I have 100's of pounds of smart circuits boards and the parts are not military harden grade. Sooo are you ready for Putin. Just saying, LOL

Dealing with a single sourced, proprietary items can be a headache. Failures are not smart, but costly. Hobby down time and frustrating to trouble shoot too.

Our controller may not be the one for some. It is a choice to manage the "glow and go" cycle with the understanding of the goings on and to be able to service with over the counter parts, almost anywhere as in Auto Zone.

Added feature provides a level of start security. Not saying boogie man proof, but with all HMMWV's there is a driving, operator learning curve.

File your comments here or http://camoteksystem.com Thank you for your support.

So, got to cut it short and get back to work. Will be up loading an informative video and other products soon.

The choice is your's, CAMO

Last edited:

Hammer

Am I correct in thinking that you could SAFELY run a keyed ignition switch with this new box design?
I don't see where a keyed ignition would cause any harm now that all the electronic gadgetry has been removed.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would make no difference if you run a keyed ignition.

The only thing the key would do is prevent electricity from getting to the starter box until turned on, something that is normal with a standard EESS and PCB and starter box clone.

Glider

It would make no difference if you run a keyed ignition.

The only thing the key would do is prevent electricity from getting to the starter box until turned on, something that is normal with a standard EESS and PCB and starter box clone.
I agree. However my personal experience has been poor with keyed ignition. I had 2 switches fail and went back to stock switch. My advise would be to buy a high quality part.

Hammer

I use a keyed battery cut off. Works great, and keeps the batteries in better condition.
I don't mind the idea of a keyed ignition, but I would only find a high quality setup, no cheap chinesium parts.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
springer just cut one of the keyed ignition units open and they have serious flaws.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot toention the automatic headlight option That turns all lights off with the on off start switch.
So if you are driving along and you have some kind of engine trouble/failure at night and want to kill the engine you loose your headlights?

Reactions: OBX

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
So if you are driving along and you have some kind of engine trouble/failure at night and want to kill the engine you loose your headlights?
If one chooses this option they are informed and aware of how it works. For some it allow them to NOT forget to turn the head light off. There are trade-offs on everything one does. Want head light? Just turn the switch to RUN.

Having a choice is what we build, CAMO at Camoteksystems.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks