• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member From Coosa, Georgia

unaffiliated

Hi from Coosa, Georgia. I have been browsing the threads for a week or so and I figured I should introduce myself. My name is Chris Fett. I live about 15 miles west of Rome, Georgia in a small community called Coosa, right on the Alabama line. I actually have a Rome address but I don't live Rome. I have a 1985 CUCV M1008 that I acquired from Hogtruck, a fellow SS member. It is the baddest truck I have ever owned. I get compliments about it every where I go. Several people have said to me "Man, that's exactly what I drove around in while I was stationed at Ft. (fill in the blank) when I was in the military. I was never in the military, but I support our troops, no matter what. I am a Mercedes Mechanic, have been for over 30 years. I am new to the MV lifestyle but I like it already. I am thinking seriously about attending the SSGR11 in October. Sounds like a lot of fun. I am trying to talk Hogtruck into coming too. Looking forward to meeting new friends here on the threads. Maybe I'll see you guys in October. Thanks, CF.

unaffiliated

Thanks wreckerman, I will look you up if I get your way. Question> I added a signature line on my profile and saved it but it is not showing up on my post. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site.

You will attend the rally. Don't make us hunt you down. It's not very pretty when we have to do that.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sand Rock is only 27 miles from my house. Looks like it is a pretty big town, population 509 according to the 2000 census. Cool.
Welcome to the disease. You now have MEDS. Eventually I'll share what that means. So, 509 in sandrock eh? Richard has more kin that I thought.

unaffiliated

Welcome to the site.

You will attend the rally. Don't make us hunt you down. It's not very pretty when we have to do that.
Well, there you have it. I don't really want to be hunted down like a fugitive.

I've heard that if I make it through the hazing period in the first couple weeks of membership, the rest is downhill. This will only hurt for a little while, they said.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well, there you have it. I don't really want to be hunted down like a fugitive.

I've heard that if I make it through the hazing period in the first couple weeks of membership, the rest is downhill. This will only hurt for a little while, they said.
Thie only happens is if you ask "what is the RED button for", "how to SHUT the truck off", "can I COVER the hatch on the floor", "how does the MAP light work", "how do I get the wipers TO WORK", "why do I keep ADDING brake fluid to the MC"."or I have been driving my truck for a while, I have to pump the brake pedal 3 times to get it to stop, this is getting old", "I just brought my deuce, it will not do 65 mph, what is wrong with the motor","Why does my new cucv have 2 batteries","I have X,Y,Z for sale", "Why can't I post a for sale in the classifieds","Get MAD when you post that you are going to do something dumb or stupid and get told that what you are going to do is dumb and stupid","Get mad when you ask "what do you all think if I do this"then get a negative answer". ect.
As long as you STAY aray from the like of above, you will be ok, and remember that the TMs are YOUR friend.

You can find the TMs here
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB
OR
Free Military Army Manuals!
OR
Former Military Vehicle Owners - Index
OR
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...5fb95459e-A3015A99-D14A-19E1-238F1793FB3D9566
This is the mil. TM web site,
--says bad cert., click to go anyway,

Last edited:

zout

There is no time limit on hazing for a probie - coming to the Ga Rally might get you a little towards the top of the pickle barrel though.

Welcome from SE of you.

unaffiliated

So...what is the red button for? I pushed it the other day and the drivers seat, with me in it ended up in the pasture about 100 yards from the truck. Could it be an "Eject Button" maybe? I'll look in the TM, it will probably tell me what it's for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks