• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new member from Polk cty Florida

SixSpeed

Banned
welcome from sanford! did Jack say he was driving his mog to the Ga rally??
I'm not sure if I am going to drive it or trailer it yet.

Normally 404 Unimogs have transmission temperature issues with high speed driving (call it more than an hour or two). They have bushings not bearings. I have a few things going for my transmission though, I have plumed in a gear oil pump, and a cooler up front. I gain a few things from this 1.) Increased Capacity 2.) Cooler Fluid 3.) The return from the cooler pumps the oil on to the top gear bushings (which normally fail under highway stress.).

I haven't had a chance to test my theory though, I have only driven it around my warehouse.

We'll see...

cessnatwin

Jack we already planned on towing you! there and back! Why are you trying to pump yourself all up? Pctrans can tow you there and I will tow you back, I am sure RAYZER can tow you through the woods so you can still enjoy being in it! **** my brother will be there, he will probly wanna tow it around to!