• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from the Fort Campbell area

Baloo

Looking to move up to LMTV wheels for my rig. I am guessing the 6 lug budd wheel adapters for LMTV wheels would get them to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baloo

Okay, it's been a while, still at it! What is a good axle option for highway driving? Also able to use for light offloading, mostly trails and fire breaks.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Tapatalk

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello everyone,

First off, I do not own a military truck. I do have a crazy diesel ambulance commercial truck that I built (cut frame, custom driveshaft, installed ambulance module from a van frame). I joined this site because I plan to replace the front beam and rear axle with Rockwell's from a Deuce. Also the transmission and transfer case as well making my expedition ambo a 4X4. I have served for over 19 years in the armed forces and have spent the past 9 years working on my ambo. That is about it, hope that I don't drive anyone crazy with all the questions I am sure to ask. Thanks for having me,

Baloo
Welcome aboard! We are crazy already, even w/o questions! LOL

Love when i respond to a "decade" old thread, cause im silly enough NOT to read the date....."i b swart"

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, what is your typical “heaviest” gross weight, do you ever or frequently pull a trailer, what engine at what horse power lever do you have? Reason I ask, I wondering if 1 ton dually axles would suffice? They can be had cheap and some have reasonably high gears. IE Ford F350 6k front, 10k rear with 3.55s is common for at least the last several generations.

Baloo

I appreciate all the comments, and will definitely research LMTV axles. I had figure Rockwells might not work well for my setup. Typically I am about 18k pounds and pull a 6k trailer. The engine is a mildly modified DT360AT bolted up to a Eaton FS6 series transmission. Plenty of room for a divorced transfer case. Just looking for the best option to keep this project moving along.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks