• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from the Fort Campbell area

Baloo

Hello everyone,

First off, I do not own a military truck. I do have a crazy diesel ambulance commercial truck that I built (cut frame, custom driveshaft, installed ambulance module from a van frame). I joined this site because I plan to replace the front beam and rear axle with Rockwell's from a Deuce. Also the transmission and transfer case as well making my expedition ambo a 4X4. I have served for over 19 years in the armed forces and have spent the past 9 years working on my ambo. That is about it, hope that I don't drive anyone crazy with all the questions I am sure to ask. Thanks for having me,

Baloo

Csm Davis

Welcome to the madness. As to putting a different transmission and transfer case I would probably keep the transmission and just add the transfer case of a m35a2, should have air engaged front and is divorced from the transmission.

Baloo

Welcome to the madness. As to putting a different transmission and transfer case I would probably keep the transmission and just add the transfer case of a m35a2, should have air engaged front and is divorced from the transmission.
Sadly my truck has an Allison automatic, and I really just do not like it. It drives great, I just want an extra gear or two and an overdrive. The Spicer 3053a2 from what I have read came in a Deuce and has an overdrive. My Allison AT500 tops out at 1:1. The spicer is an ASE #2 bellhousing, which my engine uses.
I have spent some time out there at Camp Shelby!

dmetalmiki

Well served. And That is a project and a half! Welcome to the hobby and friendships. ( Now I wonder where that body could Possibly have come from?) Keep the pictures coming.

Attachments

Baloo

Thanks, I had bought the van ambulance ten years ago, used it as a camper. The box has been totally redone to what it is now, solar power, generator, a/c power. I need to paint it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks