• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from the Fort Campbell area

Baloo

Hello everyone,

First off, I do not own a military truck. I do have a crazy diesel ambulance commercial truck that I built (cut frame, custom driveshaft, installed ambulance module from a van frame). I joined this site because I plan to replace the front beam and rear axle with Rockwell's from a Deuce. Also the transmission and transfer case as well making my expedition ambo a 4X4. I have served for over 19 years in the armed forces and have spent the past 9 years working on my ambo. That is about it, hope that I don't drive anyone crazy with all the questions I am sure to ask. Thanks for having me,

Baloo

Csm Davis

Welcome to the madness. As to putting a different transmission and transfer case I would probably keep the transmission and just add the transfer case of a m35a2, should have air engaged front and is divorced from the transmission.

Baloo

Welcome to the madness. As to putting a different transmission and transfer case I would probably keep the transmission and just add the transfer case of a m35a2, should have air engaged front and is divorced from the transmission.
Sadly my truck has an Allison automatic, and I really just do not like it. It drives great, I just want an extra gear or two and an overdrive. The Spicer 3053a2 from what I have read came in a Deuce and has an overdrive. My Allison AT500 tops out at 1:1. The spicer is an ASE #2 bellhousing, which my engine uses.
I have spent some time out there at Camp Shelby!

dmetalmiki

Well served. And That is a project and a half! Welcome to the hobby and friendships. ( Now I wonder where that body could Possibly have come from?) Keep the pictures coming.

Attachments

Baloo

Thanks, I had bought the van ambulance ten years ago, used it as a camper. The box has been totally redone to what it is now, solar power, generator, a/c power. I need to paint it