• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member in Texas

Howdy everyone,

I've actually been a member for a week or so and have been reading so furiously that I haven't had a chance to introduce myself.

I can thank a co-worker who drives his bobbed duece crewcab to work several times a week for my quest that led me to finding Steel Soldiers.

I've always wanted a wonderful piece of history to call my own and had NO idea how easy it is to get infected...er...buy one.

I live out in the sticks and have a plenty of opportunities to use a duece for what it was intended as well as pursue a bit of adventure. I look forward to many exciting hours maintaining and tweaking and yes, even using my own duece in the very near future.

Now, if only I could find someplace to buy one... :grd:

Stouttrout

Welcome. Also new and from Texas. I found mine on Craigslist. I have bought from Government Liquidations before but this was quick and easy. I have seen quite a few nice ones in your area, up near Dallas.

Thanks for the welcome fellas.

If I could find a decent runner w/w I would be pretty content for the time being. Maybe even a non-runner to go with it for spare parts. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and having spare parts on hand is a big plus!

Ultimately, I don't suspect I'll be happy until I have an A3, an A2 and a 5 ton. Once my kids finish college (4 kids, 5 years to go) I'll start rescuing in ernest!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome home. Since your not too far from Ft Worth. Head up to the GSA. They still auction dueces off every once and a while. Or try the forestery service auction in lufkin. They have a auction twice a year.

pnishr

hey all. also new to the site. Just bought my m35 with winch. Waiting on delivery. Currently looking for generators and such on the gov auction. Can't wait to get my truck here and start customizing! Seems like a great site!

on an aside, where do you texas folk get your liability insurance? I've tried everywhere...

look forward to years a fun on here!

saddamsnightmare

March 19th, 2010.

Snakehunter 1964 and Stouttrout:

Cheers, Gentlemen, from Paris, Texas...... I'm so far from anything interesting as regards OD Iron in Texas, that they have to pipe sunlight into the neighborhood. :roll:I am pretty sure that if you look around something interesting will turn up. Try GL:wink: and Texarkana- Red River Army Depot has a field full of reconditioned M35A2 and A3's just waiting for a home, I'm sure they'll be breaking them loose shortly. The folks on here are a never ending source of information, as you will certainly find out when you get into a bind...[thumbzup]

Here's looking at you,

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks