• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member, just got my EUC approved and headed out to pick up my M998A1 this weekend

Wire Fox

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a footnote:

RRAD will not allow starting fluid, propane or any flammable through security. Just a fyi, as I saw a trucker being detained with the whole rig undergoing intense secondary screening because of propane cyl for cooking stove.

04sshd

Good info, thanks! Mine is actually at a storage lot off base so that takes some of the hassle out. I made it to San Antonio but my tow rig had issues on the trip so I'm at a shop having them sorted out. I hope to have the HMMWV loaded up first thing in the AM!

Stonewall

Just a footnote:

RRAD will not allow starting fluid, propane or any flammable through security. Just a fyi, as I saw a trucker being detained with the whole rig undergoing intense secondary screening because of propane cyl for cooking stove.

Do NOT use starting fluid on a HMMWV. Good luck.

04sshd

So far, so god, did it start? Also that should be chained. Those strap wont hold if something goes south...
It started right up, drove it in the lot, forklifts on the trailer. I agree, chains are better but I don't own any binders and the trailer isn't setup for it. I've hauled tons of cars across the US with this setup. 4 straps pulling down forward and backwards. Then two on the front tires to keep it from getting air on bumps. Not perfect, but it works.

Awol

It started right up, drove it in the lot, forklifts on the trailer. I agree, chains are better but I don't own any binders and the trailer isn't setup for it. I've hauled tons of cars across the US with this setup. 4 straps pulling down forward and backwards. Then two on the front tires to keep it from getting air on bumps. Not perfect, but it works.
I'd say its fine. I've hauled plenty of cars with the same setup.

Looks like a nice truck!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They forklifted my Deuce, and dented the oil pan, bent the right front leaf spring, and bent the battery box supports. When we got home I realized the battery box door was rubbing on the cab. But 04sshd, it looks like you done good. I'm contemplating a M998 for my self. I like the auto trans so my wife can drive. Have a safe trip home. [thumbzup]

Bravojmc

They forklifted my Deuce, and dented the oil pan, bent the right front leaf spring, and bent the battery box supports. When we got home I realized the battery box door was rubbing on the cab. But 04sshd, it looks like you done good. I'm contemplating a M998 for my self. I like the auto trans so my wife can drive. Have a safe trip home. [thumbzup]
Yep the guy at fort Riley wanted to fork lift my Hmmwv onto the trailer and I said na I'll just drive it up thanks ;)

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep the guy at fort Riley wanted to fork lift my Hmmwv onto the trailer and I said na I'll just drive it up thanks ;)
Good move Bravojmc. I've seen more damage on vehicles & equipment done with forklifts than anything else. I've seen S-280 & S-250 shelters on GL that are in great condition except for the forklift blade damage.........a shame.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks