• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member - Need generator advice

parrothead

I'm missing a 3 parts here. Does anyone know what these are and where I could find replacements? Looks like lights and / or fuses. The 2 big ones have threads around the edge, as if light lenses should screw over them.
photo.jpg

bmwsyc

My guess is the two big ones are/were the sync lights, since they are next to the sync switch. There usually are two identical lamps, on mine clear to opaque white lenses that are used to synchronize the generator to another generator or shore power. Not needed, but I understand the need to make the unit more complete. I would think they would be available used or new...I'll do a little searching.

parrothead

Ok, as long as these aren't necessary for normal operation, I won't worry about them. I ran into something else when I removed the rear cover from the generator head. Behind the switch on the rear cover, there is a small round thing on the rear of the armature that has 4 small round black buttons in it that are exposed. I'll send a picture tonight.
I know... I need to wait for my TM to arrive...

parrothead

I got my TM from Milradio today. It is in excellent condition. Thanks, Roy! I'll try to get this scanned soon so it can be added into the archives.

Gudge2

Let me know if you need an engine or engine parts. I've got a rebuilt D198ER that I'll either sell or part out. It's got a bent crank shaft pulley. I can help with your engine if you have trouble getting it running right...not so much with the generator.

parrothead

Thanks! I can't seem to get this injector pump to pump fuel to the injectors. I'm going to mess with it again tonight. If this thing doesn't work, I may be in the market for your pump.

parrothead

I still can't get this pump to send fuel to the injectors. The fuel pressure gauge pegs while I'm cranking it, but the injector lines are dry. I suppose I'll pull the pump and take it to the pump shop.

Another Ahab

I still can't get this pump to send fuel to the injectors. The fuel pressure gauge pegs while I'm cranking it, but the injector lines are dry. I suppose I'll pull the pump and take it to the pump shop.
Don't know Diddly about generators, and just belaboring the obvious here, but for record:

- sounds like a blockage

- make any sense to snake the lines?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks