• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member with new to me M35A2 W/W

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lifer said:
Congrats on the "score." I wish my wife would bid on stuff like that! Her interests run more toward shoes and fur/leather coats, both of which she has in copious abundance! (At last count, I think she had 17 fur or leather coats and 73 pairs of shoes.)
My wife bid on and won my backhoe off of Egay. Only 73 pairs? Mine has 250 if she has a pair. We have a room (not closet) just for some of her clothes and most of her shoes. I'm building a barn just to get away from the clothes explosion...

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Very nice truck and you should not have a problem with that light switch the early ones were first put in HMMWV's and they had a problem with getting a good ground to the switch with all the aluminum and fiberglas. I have had one in my deuce for years and I really like it. That should be a sweet truck for you for years to come.

AaronW

DoS, Dallas(700)89-93/Portsmouth(707)97-98 lant and pac. SS indeed! I was a coner(shower tech)(sonar girl). Also did a stint in Deep Submergence.

Deuce_of_Spades

:popcorn: SWEET! Not to many of us out there! Glad to know ya! Deep Submergence must have been fun!!! My boat was the 764. I went to test depth a few times but thats about it. Evertone needs a shower tech, I mean a sonar tech! Spent most of my time driving the boat then I struck Corpsman. Went from submarines to Marines (Doc). Loved every minute of every sub dive and Marine Corps hump!!!

5_TON_TOMATOE

I'm a little late on this thread. Did you say they waived the fee for the sf 97? And as for Lonnie @ Lewis, he's a great guy. Helped me load a bounch of stuff. The one I bought (Deuce) was completely rebuilt in 1990- The multi's tag states std bore, rods and mains.The tranny and transfer are also tagged rebuilt "90. Truck runs and drives smooth compared to the 53 M-62 wrecker

saddamsnightmare

August 23rd, 2008.

Arron W:

I'll trade you my 1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nigtmare" if that TACOM switch scares you too bad...... I'll even take the TACOM switch outta mine and install the three lever for ya, and you get to pay a cash differential for any miles over 25,000 your truck has at present????? Otherwise, I'd say your wife got you a good truck, and you got a good wife if she'll bid on such toys for you.....
JUST MAKE SURE YOUR TACOM SWITCH HAS A HARD WIRED GROUND FROM THE GROUND TERMINAL ON THE SWITCH TO THE CAB METAL, AND THAT THE CAB HAS A GROUND STRAP CONNECTED TO THE FRAME...... Amazing how many people get fritzed over TACOM switches that use computers every day....... If this is a newer TACOM switch, it should just about outlast the truck.... If OREGON ANG has some of the first series... well, life WILL be interesting. rofl

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 trailer
1967 Hercules MEP023A gen Set APU-Gas
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S.404.114 MB :beer:

AaronW

5_TON_TOMATOE said:
I'm a little late on this thread. Did you say they waived the fee for the sf 97? And as for Lonnie @ Lewis, he's a great guy. Helped me load a bounch of stuff. The one I bought (Deuce) was completely rebuilt in 1990- The multi's tag states std bore, rods and mains.The tranny and transfer are also tagged rebuilt "90. Truck runs and drives smooth compared to the 53 M-62 wrecker
Yes, the $60.00 was waived by GL due to the backlog.

kurtkds

So how long did it take to get you truck from time of winning to when you actually pick it up? Just trying to get an idea of when I'll be bringing mine home.

Thanks

Kurt

AaronW

Kurt, Won the auction 10 APR 08/ Invoiced and cleared to pick-up 30 May 08/ Rescue mission was on 09 Jun 08.

Hang in there! It only seems like it takes forever. Any pics?

AaronW

Kurt, Your truck looks great! Looks like there are a few of us new guys here in western WA. It would be fun to have a small get together to see the new trucks in person.

wsucougarx

It would be great! If we could only petition Battle Creek to get on the ball and get us our new acquisition EUC's approved in a hurry. Not sure if it made a difference, probably not though, I made a copy of my military ID card and sent it off w/the EUC. You'd think that there maybe one or two less steps the gov't needs to do. Funny thing I went through this whole background paperwork security clearance check already before I recv'd my commission. Oh well redundancy is the key to sucess I suppose, Hooora.

Come on BC how about a fast track for military and previous military!!!