• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New MV Owner (Recovery Completed, Pics)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well folks, just got off the horn with my buddy Jerry (JW4x4). We were watching the M1009s at Drexel Gardens and trying to see what was selling for what. After a few different approaches it seems that JW4x4 now owns 2 M1009s. He'll pipe in more info later as he's loading up for Haspin but he's about tickled pink with himself. Here are links to the pics.

http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=3386&lotNumber=4965&picNumber=1
http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=3386&lotNumber=4975&picNumber=1

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: New MV Owner

Nice job! I was bidding on a few of those as well. Some good looking trucks in that bunch.

1stDeuce

Me too!

My second, third, and fourth green, but I still only have one deuce...

I was watching Lansing, MI action today and stuff went CHEAP! I didn't think I'd get any of this, but it looks like I did... Hopefully the trucks are in decent condition... The trailer (M101A1) needs a landing foot for the tongue.

http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=3386&lotNumber=4505&picNumber=1
http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=3386&lotNumber=4518&picNumber=1
http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=3386&lotNumber=4523&picNumber=1

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Me too!

Wonder if that 101 was a power plant trailer with all the jerry can mounts?

choll

Your buddy out bid me on both of them. I was bidding almost until the end. I was bidding on 5 but ended up getting only 1. Might have been for the best the way transportation prices are I might have gone broke getting them to seattle washington. Soon as my EUC clears I might even try to drive it back here. I might have big ones for that 2200 miles.

jw4x4

Back from Haspin! Too bad I didn't have the 1009's for the rally. Maybe in time for the Georgia rally. I already have been loaned a tow bar (thanks Gimpy!). Ready to send in the info for my EUC's and hurry up and wait. Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? It goes without saying, Haspin was a blast. Even got some time behind the wheel of a deuce. Oh, the agony (of not owning a deuce), but that will eventually be cured. I cannot, however, say the same for GREEN FEVER!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Uh Oh! Guess I better get ready to "Bob" a deuce for JW. Congrats JW! Too bad that deuce tipper wasn't out on the trails.

jw4x4

Here's a quick update..... I just got a confirmation that my EUC has been received. This is my first time at thiis process, and my EUC needs a few revisions. I will make the changes and re-submit. I'm anxious to got get 'em. I had the not so bright idea of driving one and flat-towing the other. I have been advised that the 6.2 lacks the power to accomplish this. So, unless I can come up with a gooseneck trailer capable of carrying two M1009's, I will drive one and a friend will tow one back behind his dually. I will post further updates when info becomes available. JW

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Congratulations Jerry. We all look forward to seeing you at the Ga Rally this year! :beer:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Awesome JW, let me know if I can help in any way. I missed your post Kenny, the tipper was there.

jw4x4

I have been notified that my EUC has been sent to Battle Creek. I hope this is progress. I will be off work for approx 3 weeks, I managed to have a concrete manhole section (1500-1800 lbs) crush my big toe at work. Had surgery on 07-09. Now trying to do the best I can to heal. My prognosis is good. JW

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Sorry to hear that, Jerry. At least with a 1009, you can drive it with only one foot! Come on EUC! :driver:

tlm47201

I managed to get one at Drexel. I'm only 50 miles south, so its tough waiting on the euc to clear. Took 5 revisions on mine to get it thru. I plan on flat towing it about 15 miles to my Dads house, trying to start it. If it runs, I want to drive it home. Mine has 26k miles on it, no key, running condition unknown (which I hope just means they never tried to run it).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang JW, I take a week off and miss all the fun. Dang, crushed toe? Hope all is well, let me know if I can help from afar.

jw4x4

What is the next step? I guess I wait for clearance from Battle Creek. tlm- I too hope that the reason they are listed as non-runners is because they don't have keys. If you are able to get yours before my paperwork clears, maybe you could take a quick look at mine and give me some idea of what it would take to get one of them running (aside from the obvious fuel and batteries). I may have a friend flat tow one, and put the other one behind my pickup on an open trailer (if I can rustle one up).

tlm47201

jw4x4 said:
What is the next step? I guess I wait for clearance from Battle Creek. tlm- I too hope that the reason they are listed as non-runners is because they don't have keys. If you are able to get yours before my paperwork clears, maybe you could take a quick look at mine and give me some idea of what it would take to get one of them running (aside from the obvious fuel and batteries). I may have a friend flat tow one, and put the other one behind my pickup on an open trailer (if I can rustle one up).
Next step, I believe is wait and when it clears you will get an email with a paid reciept. Call the GL contact listed and arrange an appointment. I'm close enough, I will be getting mine asap as soon as I get the go. I'll let you know what I run into.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks