• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Steel Soldiers Admin/Webmaster!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I just spoke to a moderator, and they said it was Chris Cattlet. He nudged his way in with an endorsement from Clinto.

zout

All I wanted was the horn back in chat - and ya had to go fix the MIA TM's first - geez

(just kidding) (fixing chat first and THEN getting the horn back in)

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just spoke to a moderator, and they said it was Chris Cattlet. He nudged his way in with an endorsement from Clinto.
Guess Clinto must have gotten his owed payment from CC. Guess Darryl B will be next to become a Mod.aua

Alpha

[thumbzup]
Hello everyone!

I am very pleased to announce that Steel Soldiers now has a new admin/webmaster working on all of the updates and improvements that you have all been so patiently waiting for!! He has extensive experience with the vBulletin forum software including being an admin for a vB site with over 100k members!

He is currently working on a fix for the Google search redirect hack that has been plaguing us. Also, if you venture into the main forums area, you will see a brand new Technical Manuals section taking shape. Stay tuned for some fantastic changes around here including a revamped classified ads section, member map, web store, etc...

Please join me in welcoming our new SS Admin!

PS - Yes, I know I left his name out of the post. More will be revealed after things calm down a little bit around here.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think a general CLEAN UP has been long over due, a lot will need to be redone, but worth it, just to save server space

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I doubt it is to save server space as much as it is to clean up clutter. Change is a commin boys and there will be bugs to work through. Have some patience as we grow and improve.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Has any one else lost all there subscriptions too? And I'm no longer receicing emails on on the new threads I'm subscribed to ether.
Thanks for pointing this out, it appears subscriptions might have been accidentally lost during a plug-in update. I've confirmed it's missing on another standard user account as well. I will see if I can recover this. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Update, I had subscribed to this thread prior to that post on the standard user account. I did receive a email notice of the post. So the email subsystem is functioning, I will study what happened to subscriptions now.

KsM715

Ahhhh! Don't let me lose my subscriptions! I won't be able to tell who I have and have yet to agrrivate on here. (insert razz smiley here, since the smiley's are currently AWOL on my end)

Seriously, Glad to see we are NOT on a rudderless ship as some have thought. Can't wait to see some of the new changes around here

Edit: huh, wouldn't you know as soon as I hit enter on my reply the smileys all show up again.:doh: [thumbzup]

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahhhh! Don't let me lose my subscriptions! I won't be able to tell who I have and have yet to agrrivate on here. (insert razz smiley here, since the smiley's are currently AWOL on my end)

Seriously, Glad to see we are NOT on a rudderless ship as some have thought. Can't wait to see some of the new changes around here

Edit: huh, wouldn't you know as soon as I hit enter on my reply the smileys all show up again.:doh: [thumbzup]
:popcorn:

You're welcome.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks