• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New style CJ deuce?

BobS

It is actually part of another project some people are talking to me about for export (hence the stampings and all new parts). Everything mentioned would be projected to retail at about $12,000.00, less paint and installation for the 2 man cab w/ac to $16500.00 for the short 6x6 crew cab.

Also, in conjunction with this other project, a higher travel suspension, CTIS, and a different powertrain could be added (Cummins ISM at 450hp, Eaton/Fuller Ultrashift 18speed trans, top speed of 85mph, range of 450 miles at GVW, 12" jounce to rebound coil sprung axles) but you would then be talking REAL money (over 75K each vehicle, LESS labor). :)

Best regards,

Bob

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
i have seen one piece windshield frames and glass for sale for the deuce and m-37 but do not remember where. would the cab be less than $3000??

BobS

To Tom,
IF we sold JUST the conversion parts for the cab and roof, and you supplied your own TJ body and doors, the 2 door cab only parts (no HVAC, no electrical, no wipers installed, none of that-just sheetmetal) would cost you a bit less than $4700.00

To jeli,

Sorry..I got sloppy in my description. the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) would all be Jeep TJ Wrangler parts. The doors would also be TJ for the 2 door and KJ (2007 Wrangler) for the 4 door, so all the interior parts, window glass, mechanisms, would also all be Jeep parts. To handle the 24vdc/12vdc requirements, a Du-VAC dual voltage system would be included and installed prewired to the cab harness with a tap block and jumper harnesses to mate to the existing truck harnesses as needed.

For a scale referance-the rear edge of the cab in you montage should be extended approximately 10 inches to get the proper relationship of scale for the installation....just a suggestion.

Best regards,

Bob

ADDENDUM: The reason for the extra 10" is storage space and rifle mounts (for those of you knowledgable-an Armbrust storage also) and other "stuff". The rear door is not lengthened. The fuel tank is a rectangular, dual step tank similar to those used on Australian roadtrains.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I like the idea and know that with enough time and money just about anything is possible, but

A TJ windshield frame is roughly 3.5" narrower than the outer frame on a deuce and the TJ tub is approximately the same width from front to rear(58.5"ish) where a deuce cab is roughly 62" wide at the cowl and 69"wide just behind the doors. Deuce sheetmetal in decent condition can be relatively affordable, TJ sheetmetal is a different story, and I shutter to think what JK sheetmetal brings(the KJ is the liberty{puke}).

BobS

BFR said:
I like the idea and know that with enough time and money just about anything is possible, but

A TJ windshield frame is roughly 3.5" narrower than the outer frame on a deuce and the TJ tub is approximately the same width from front to rear(58.5"ish) where a deuce cab is roughly 62" wide at the cowl and 69"wide just behind the doors. Deuce sheetmetal in decent condition can be relatively affordable, TJ sheetmetal is a different story, and I shutter to think what JK sheetmetal brings(the KJ is the liberty{puke}).
oops...meant JK, not KJ. Sorry.

You also seem to have misunderstood that the kit would use TJ parts- I did not say this project was using a TJ tub. This is all new sheetmetal that uses TJ & JK PARTS. Which is why the cost is what it I stated. The current tub does not come close to meeting the requirements of my customer, which required a new design.

My comment above was referring to the possibility that the new parts could be used in conjunction with a used TJ tub to do what the new tub will be as the design of the new tub contains new stamped parts to "widen" a TJ, in addition to panels that COULD be TJ replacement panels, if you had the fixtures to assemble a body from it's component stampings.

Gryphon

Hmmm....this Jeeper likes that idea too. I've been looking at ways to make the cab more livable; I like the utilitarian/military style, but I just need more belly and leg room! Been considering cutting the back of the stock cab out and moving it back 4 inches.

I like the windsheild! So...if a CJ7 windscreen fits a Deuce...the other way should be do-able too? Been tinkering with ideas for putting top-outs on my CJ7!

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not every SS member looks alike, and neither do their trucks. (I'll use devilman96 as an example for both catagories),but underneath that paint, cab, (or hair!), is a great truck, (or person).

(But that one truck we saw posted a while back with the lowering job... well, that still hurts.)

I like windshield set-up! Sharp! I'm a purist/realist.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks