• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Style Swtich

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i was reading a few pages back bout that cop and a "higher standard"..the higher standard is..
Unless hes doing somthing tottaly rediculous in his vehicle..HE ISNT GONNA GET A TICKET as soon and he shows id...
Another plumber telling folks how to fix a television! :grin:

unclemikey

I have one in my deuce, love it! However, I also keep the old one with me as backup. Also being an old fudd, I forget to turn the brake lights on now and again. Little tricky trying to tell the officer that you have to switch on the brake lights manually.....a bit of show and tell, all works out OK.

wheelspin

here is this thing in my truck, yes the brake light sucks at first but is cool for security reasons. average joe thief will get pulled over for no brake lights before getting stopped for rolling in a stolen M.V.

Attachments

wheelspin

for me never having had the old switch, as far as i can tell when you press serv. drive you get head lights, tail and brake lights, dash, turns. press park and the head lights go out. no front markers? black outs work, as dose the dimmer/bright for the dash. for day time running you have to turn on the brake lights and turns or run in the serv. drive mode for all on.
in the picture i had the serv. drive lights on dash set on bright as indicated by the blue led. press the mode you want then press enter. its the same to turn them off.

Attachments

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hey i got a question does the new style switch work the same as the old ones perticularly do the running lights work when the head lights are on
The new style has the same functions as the old 3-lever. One came in my deuce and I like it. It's the closest I'll ever come to "pimping" my deuce :-D.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having driven the deuce on the highways a lot, I often flip the headlights off and back on for passing trucks etc, how is this done with the pushbuttons? With the lever switch, I just reach down and move the lower left lever from "dim" to "park" and back.

A note about the installation of the "electronic" switch, put an on/off switch in feed circuit (wire #15), so that it can be turned off when starting the engine, protecting it from transient damage.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't "flash" your lights with the push button switch. You have to push too many buttons to change functions.

Oldgrunt

The first Deuce I bought from GL had one of the new style switches in it, and one of the 109's that my brother got from GL had one in it also. He took his out and sold it on E-Bay, maybe thats where alot of them are coming from. The one I have in my Deuce now has a burned capasitor from a small short when we were hooking up a light cord. The new style are cool but not real reliable, I think I'm going back to the old style.

Old Grunt

1953 M35A2
1967 M35A2 (for sale PM for prlce)
1965 M105

surpdlr

ok. after extensive research, here is what i learned.
the switch has NEVER been legally for sale. ebay ones are US stolen.
That's intersting, since I bought almost 70ea from GL at the Richmond location in Dec 2007 sale 3136, lot 2001..... Properly listed by NSN in the sale......

What do I do now????

surpdlr

think about it. no one, and i mean no one, offers them at a fixed price.
Please see Front Line Military Vehicles 1/2 page advertisement in Military Vehicles Magazine # 126 April, 2008.

If the moderators give me permission I will post the advertisement in question. I don’t want to break any rules!!!

I know of another dealer who lists over 150ea in his inventory as New Equipment, not New Surplus. He must have bought them directly.

Government procurement history tells us that the last time 5930-01-491-9893, Switch assy., was procured was on contract SPO930-02-D-0057, with multiple delivery orders. The Government shows 24 Feb 2004 as the last time a payment was made on the contract at 126.66ea for 1000ea of the switch.

I hope this helps to clear up any confusion on this part....

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's intersting, since I bought almost 70ea from GL at the Richmond location in Dec 2007 sale 3136, lot 2001..... Properly listed by NSN in the sale......

What do I do now????
The one that came in my truck isn't stolen. I bought it fair and square from GL. I could sell it on ebay if I wanted to. The ones on ebay may or may not be stolen but mine isn't.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks