• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Texas member here.

63 Tango

Bought a M35A2 a few days ago. I'm sure I'll be here regularly. I'm new to the hobby, but have knowledge on the vehicle i acquired. I was a mechanic in the Army back in the early 80's.

Other than no brakes, dead batteries, and the rubber return fuel line being dry rotted and leaking when jump started, everything else is operational. Getting 2 batteries tomorrow. Got to locate a new fuel line from the web. Then the fun part begins, brakes. I know the front right wheel cylinder is leaking, so that's where the brake job is going to start. I will be replacing/rebuilding each wheel cylinder and most likely get a new master cylinder too, just for piece of mind on my part.

As for the Deuce, it's a 1958 Kaiser with the Hercules turbo engine. Everything looks to be in pretty good shape other than the 3 issues mentioned.

Looking forward to being a part of this group.

AZK9

Sounds like a nice project! This is a great site for much of the information you'll
need as you progress. Enjoy your deuce and... welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from San Antonio! There's a bunch of deuce owners in the Lone Star MVPA in Austin that are very accessible if you need any assistance. Also, next weekend (Apr 16, 17) is Muster at Camp Mabry. It's a fantastic event with lots of static display vehicles from both the club and the museum, a WWII armor re-enactment, fly overs, etc.

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site hobbyfriendships and events to come. With your knowledge that will a great and satisfactorily accomplished project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks