• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Texas member here.

63 Tango

Picked up two batteries this morning. Cleaned up the battery box and terminals then installed the batteries. Pushed in the engine stop, turned the switch, hit the start button. Fired up before one complete revolution! Drove it around my 5 acres (without brakes). High/low transfer case good. First, second, third, fourth, fifth, and reverse are all good too. Headlights good. Running lights good. Tail lights good. Blinkers good. Couldn't check the brake lights since the pedal goes to the floor! Gas gauge pegs to full with only 1/4 tank of gas. All other gauges work. Can hear the front differential engage and disengage when switch is activated. Electric horn works. Intend to change to air horns.

63 Tango

Yep, the previous owner and I were searching Facebook for you a few days ago. Needless to say, we found you. He contacted you about some paperwork.

63 Tango

Here is my new Deuce with the canvas and without.
I also got the 10 original tires that was on the truck when the previous owner bought it from fuzzytoaster.

deuce1.jpgDeuce2.jpg

Barrman

I even dated a girl from Elgin back in college too.

Actually, you are surrounded by green iron owners. We just 2 weeks ago had a gathering in Bryan/College station.

Check out the LSMVPA for all the afflicted in the area. We meet the 3rd Wednesday of the month at Camp Mabry.

63 Tango

A little bio about me...Joined the Army in 1981 when I was 21. Did a 3 year tour as a track mechanic, thus my forum ID, 63 Tango. Married in 1983. Divorced in 2015 after 31 years of marriage, her choice. Did 21 years with the Sheriff's Department. Retired in 2011. Went back to work at a car dealership in 2015. Been turning wrenches for the last 40 years as a hobby. Mostly on hotrods. Built a 1923 T-Bucket after I retired. Wanted to do something different so I got the Deuce. Also have a 2007 Yamaha Roadstar.
Here's a couple pictures of my current toys:
100_0718.jpg

Deuce2.jpg

71DeuceAK

Welcome to the site! That's pretty neat you got a '58 gasser, they're seemingly a little less common. They are really fun trucks without a doubt. As far as no brakes, I feel for you, I had driving a stick shift introduced to me in a M49 with no brakes! (not driving, but riding along/copiloting). That was an experience I'll never forget...rofl but I'd do it again any day!

63 Tango

Originally it was a gasser, not any more. Has the Hercules multi fuel engine in it now. I was told that the military refurbished it in 1989. It's in really good shape. Little to no rust. Real clean underneath. Straight body. And a hard top!

63 Tango

I got my avatar set up. The pic is from my tour in Grafenwohr Germany back in 1981. I'm driving the M578. It was nicknamed "The Tejas Express" because all three of us assigned to it were from Texas. Talk about a workhorse! That VTR did whatever I was able to throw at it. I even drifted it during a road march once!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks