• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me M1008, lock out hub issue.

Postal0311

Hello,

I picked up a used M1008, I plan to make it my new daily driver. After using it a couple of days, one day I was stuck in stop and go traffic and I started hearing screeching noises from the vehicle.

I think the issue is from the front right locking hub.

2015-06-24 17.45.51.jpg

The section I am holding on to in the picture is loose. I've taken that section off and I don't see anything that looks obviously wrong. It will most likely have to come further apart.

Any suggestions or advice?

welpro222

Jack it up, remove tire and check for wheel bearing play or noise when you spin the hub. If your unsure of the history of the vehicle you might as well clean/inspect/repack the bearings, its a maintenance thing anyways.

When I did my bearings I took advantage of the labor and installed new Warn locking hubs. I found missing parts missing from the last time someone was in there. FWIW

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks