• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me M135!! Buzzing sound HELP!!!

I have a few trucks around here and not one has the buzzer hooked up. if you watch your gauges like you own it then there wont be a problem. (although the law may think differently about this) I may wire mine up with a light on the dash. the reason they are unhooked is that I cant hear anything BUT the buzzer when I'm starting the unit. A person can tell a little about their motor's condition when it's first started.

jwaller

I pulled my buzzers too. I hate that sound and as dave says you cant hear anything under the hood that might be going wrong during initial startup. I have installed the red low air waring light in my dash of both my trucks. you can see that thing in the other lane. nice feature.

FreightTrain

Banned
ya but what happens if th bulb is blown or there is just a little corrosion on teh connectors?Bulbs are a lot easier to FUBAR than the stock buzz box.

jwaller

I get a bulb check when I turn the power on. if it burns out while I'm driving AND I dont see the air press gauge then I will be using the massive leg to stop this beast. I regularly move my deuce around on low or no air and stopping isnt an issue. so I'm wondering exactly how much this booster really helps.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DaveP said:
Maybe a buzzer that is only activated when the parking brake is released would be the way to go.
Possibly, but having it come on independently of other switches provides a self test and shows that it's working.
Also, as I have stated this before, an intermittant buzz is not bad at all, somehow your ears persieve it as a lower intensity sound. Have had it this way for years and it's no bother.
The buzzer is also activated by the turn signals and is just right to be heard over the engine while driving. The flashing green light (now disabled) is worthless in direct sunlight and very annoying at night, especiallly with the 4-way flashers going for miles...
I'm using a two-flasher (as in turn signal flasher) system for the 8x8, one to achieve the intermittant sound..still experimenting...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks