• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me M37

poppop

My M7 arrived at the farm this week. Thanks to oldvw2 for selling it to me. It is a very solid truck and came loaded with parts to get it fixed up right. I would love to just drive it some but Chad had started restoring it, so it is going into the shop to strip the body parts off. I wish I was not so busy on the farm right now so I could devote a lot of time to it, but it will be slow progress for now. A friend of mine picked it up for me and tried his best to buy it from me before he unloaded it.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Congrats.. That's a good looking score poppop!!:beer:
Think it will be ready for the GA Rally in October?

P.S. If ya need anything give me a holler...might have it.

poppop

:):)I hope it will be PB, but it may be the end of the summer before I have much time to work on it. I have not unloaded all the boxes yet, but so far have seen all the parts to rebuild the winch, all new brake lines and wheel cylinders and small hardware to redo wheels, new seat cushions, gas tank already redone, new windsheils, cab tub already repaired and primed, two perfect doors and straight running boards. It even came with the operators manual and parts book. Chad has already put so much time and money into this truck I would feel quilty if I did not do a first class job on finishing it.

What I need is zout for two weeks and he would have it finished .

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
:):)I hope it will be PB, but it may be the end of the summer before I have much time to work on it. I have not unloaded all the boxes yet, but so far have seen all the parts to rebuild the winch, all new brake lines and wheel cylinders and small hardware to redo wheels, new seat cushions, gas tank already redone, new windsheils, cab tub already repaired and primed, two perfect doors and straight running boards. It even came with the operators manual and parts book. Chad has already put so much time and money into this truck I would feel quilty if I did not do a first class job on finishing it.

What I need is zout for two weeks and he would have it finished .
Get plenty of Crown and Coke and maybe we will all show up!:beer:

Attachments

3dAngus

Lucky for you, unlucky for your friend. I always thought one of the greatest compliments one could receive is when a friend wanted to buy what you have. Congratulations on the nice score!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Neato!

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like that Georgia sun and sand are agreeing with Ol' Blue already. I was a little sad to see it go but am looking forward to following the restoration and am glad that it has a good home!

poppop

I started the truck yesterday and drove it into the shop. Could not get it to run well with my small gravity feed tank and read on here that it takes some pressure to unseat the needle. Today I installed a 24 volt electric pump and still could not get it to run good although it started. It ran very rough and was backfireing and spitting. Pulled the carb and it was spick and span on the inside but I blew it out anyway. Re-installed it and it would not start. I guessed we had flooded it so left it alone for 30 minutes and checked spark. It fired up when I hit the starter and ran on 5 for a few seconds and died but the spark was good. would not restart. I told the guys lets leave it alone and think about it for a while. As I walked by the one gallon gas tank straped to it I thought, HMM could it be empty. Dry as a bone. Put in gas and it cranked and ran good. Stupid me:oops: I then drove it around and it did not seem to have much power and got weaker and weaker. I made it back to the shop and parked it and looked down at the emergency brake, HMM, wonder if it is set, yes, stupid me:oops:. It rolled a lot easier after that but I think the new rear brakes Chad installed are a little tight and got tighter as they heated up. Well I now know how it runs and moves so it will be parked in a spot in the shop and slowly stripped of all body parts. I am not planning on pulling the engine unless I have to get the frame cleaned up like I want. We will see on that.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I started the truck yesterday and drove it into the shop. Could not get it to run well with my small gravity feed tank and read on here that it takes some pressure to unseat the needle. Today I installed a 24 volt electric pump and still could not get it to run good although it started. It ran very rough and was backfireing and spitting. Pulled the carb and it was spick and span on the inside but I blew it out anyway. Re-installed it and it would not start. I guessed we had flooded it so left it alone for 30 minutes and checked spark. It fired up when I hit the starter and ran on 5 for a few seconds and died but the spark was good. would not restart. I told the guys lets leave it alone and think about it for a while. As I walked by the one gallon gas tank straped to it I thought, HMM could it be empty. Dry as a bone. Put in gas and it cranked and ran good. Stupid me:oops: I then drove it around and it did not seem to have much power and got weaker and weaker. I made it back to the shop and parked it and looked down at the emergency brake, HMM, wonder if it is set, yes, stupid me:oops:. It rolled a lot easier after that but I think the new rear brakes Chad installed are a little tight and got tighter as they heated up. Well I now know how it runs and moves so it will be parked in a spot in the shop and slowly stripped of all body parts. I am not planning on pulling the engine unless I have to get the frame cleaned up like I want. We will see on that.
Don't worry poppop, the CAMO Crew has pulled some boners that would make your's look like rocket science!!:oops::oops:

Like when "Doc" had the rear wheels of his M715 on jack stands and wanted Marvin to watch to see if a wheel was bent.
Started the truck, slipped her in gear and let out the clutch...yep...away she went...in 4X4:shock:

We all try to blame our mistakes on age...but that ain't true...:cry::cry:

Attachments

zout

W O W - sure would like my grubby paws on that sweet baby :beer:
Nice score. I remember the feeling long time ago having to let something go I wanted to build so bad but just neither had the time or resources to do it and just knew someone else could enjoy it and make it into what I had in mind - good and bad feelings all in one toss. I guess that's what makes us experienced I guess. That vehicle is still around today and still in prestine condition and the new owner did well.

SO seeing how you are telling stories - (I am stealing your thread a second) I get the 43 fuel system working again after Squirttruck assisted in partial diagnostics. I decided I wanted to wash the filth an custom camo off it - SO I put er in reverse and its a slight grade outta the hole the garage is in and WAHAPOLA - I run the rear diff right smack dab on top of the only frickin stump in the yard - hung er up good and no damage. Well its a little over 100 degree's out and get it unlatched from the top o the stump and up to the top of the drive and wash it. Thread stealing over.

You need a hand with that baby you just pm me and I will bring Zouts magic wand along.

Tanner

Hmmm... I knew this truck looked familiar from sitting for awhile at Garbee's house!

Have fun, poppop!

'Tanner'

poppop

You know it would be interesting to know how many SS's have touched this truck. I got it from oldvw2 and he mentions cabell used the winch driveline off this truck on one of his projects. Now garbee's name pops up. If any of you know some history on this truck please post it up, I am curious to learn the travels of this truck.

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad I am not the only one that has done the "empty fuel tank" trick on that truck :whistle: It was much more fun while backing up the ramps on a 16' equipment trailer!

I should have included my Model II Hillbilly Gas System with the parts for you (lawnmower tank tie wired to the hood safety catch on the windshield frame)

That seemed to be the right mix of height to unseat the needle and not flood things.

I see I also forgot to mention that I had adjusted the parking brake so that it held pretty good - oops!

Great to see the progress!
Chad

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks