• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me WC63

Wolfen

I don't know how much longer I will be able to post. I,m in my upper 50's, and my blood pressure and A1C are high, I also have high chlolestrol that is currently under control. If I'm lucky, unless medication gets things under control, I will soon be taking to ST Peter. Than my sisters, can do what they want with my WC63

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know how much longer I will be able to post. I,m in my upper 50's, and my blood pressure and A1C are high, I also have high chlolestrol that is currently under control. If I'm lucky, unless medication gets things under control, I will soon be taking to ST Peter. Than my sisters, can do what they want with my WC63
Wolfen,
We're surprised to hear of your health challenges. I'm sure I speak for many here when I tell you that we will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Heavenly Father,
We lift up our brother in this hobby to Your tender care. You stitched Wolfen together in his mother's womb and we ask You now to restore his physical being and his health to Your original design. You know his internal workings and what has gone awry. You are the Great Physician and whether You manifest a miracle cure or if You work through doctors, we trust You for Wolfen's remedy and restoration. Focus the learned minds and guide the skilled hands of every medical professional who is helping do Your good works. Give to him peace and comfort as we all trust in You for these things we request. We claim that it is already done in the name of Jesus. And now we simply have patience as You work it all out.
In Jesus' name we pray.
AMEN!

Another Ahab

You can do this, Wolfen, one step at at a time.

Some of these things can be medicated.

You don't need to "throw in the towel" like it sounds like you're doing. Build yourself a plan.

Are you doing that already?

mdainsd

DO NOT GIVE UP! As soon as you start thinking that way things seem to get worse. Im at least a decade older than you, have the same issues and more. I am still enjoying life which includes getting out there and working on my babies. Blood pressure for one is manageable these days. Grab your self by the bootstraps, give a good pull, stand up tall and face these challenges head on!

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Same here, I live for every day, Thank God, and Family. My Automotive Hobby has helped keep my hypertension level down, most times. I Hope that I can relate that You Can Get Control of Your condition. I will not get into my health when there is another Person that has a medical situation. You Will get treatment and move ahead and plan your Daysssss ahead of Time.

And as far as your Darling Sisters go, They want to Drive a Completed WC63, ROGER.

If you want to discuss, just talk, PM

Iamaheartattack, Survivor.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Iamaheartattack, Survivor.
And I'll add that I wear the "Zipper Scar" upon my chest to remind me of my Triple Bypass surgery on August 9, 2007.... Coming up on the 12th anniversary of that life saving surgery!!!
Praise be to God.

I never had the heart attack - they caught my arterial blockages and operated before I ever could have "the big one".

By the way, that bypass was done on the day after my 50th birthday. I figure they bought me another 50 good years until I have to have my pipes and hoses worked on again. I'll be 100 years young and truly hope to see that birthday, too.

Now, back to your health... Start with a good mental attitude. Add plenty of prayer and seek the peace of the Holy Spirit. And seek out and obtain the medical attention you body needs. And finally, follow the TM's as explained and interpreted by the medical professionals who know better than us amateurs.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wolfen, Check out my restoration thread "WC51 or Bust". I think you may find many similarities to your vehicle that can help you down the road. Good luck and I hope you choose to go ahead.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Soldier, you can have many more years in front of you, but you have to set your priorities, and counter these problems from three sides. Unless there is already a serious organ problem involved, these things can be gotten under control. Most of it your doc will have told you as well.

1) Normal medication: your doctor should be able to help you lower all three, but it takes time and discipline, probably for the rest of your hopefully long life. And just taking the medicine will NOT do it.

2) Most important, lose some weight and start do simple exercises. The best: go walk each morning 30-60 minutes, go swim a bit as well. Do NOT start work out like crazy; it will not work and give you a heart attack, but do something everyday.

3) check your diet and have a look at some alternative stuff as well.

My A1C is getting high as well, but lucky I am still in the orange range. Taking my glucophage every morning. However, just taking it keeps my A1C level around 47. Even a bit of exercise each day and less alcohol and sweets and it goes down slowly. If I stop doing that it goes right back up. Unfortunately, my discipline is not always that good, so it fluctuates too much.

However, I am lucky, my pressure and cholesterol are low; the "good" one actually too low, so I have to correct that as well. My brother in law (70 years) has the same problems as you, and last year a quadruple bypass, but he is getting back on his feet with medication. I have also asthma now, so if I walk slowly uphill for 20 minutes around our house, I am completely destroyed. However, its getting better the more I do this walk.

Hang in there, too much nice things to do still.

By the way, nice truck.

Wolfen

Im still hanging in there. Havent had much time to work on the truck. I'm currently working on installing a temporary fuel line from the pum to the carb since the current one, runs very close to the exhaust manifold. I think that is causing vapor lock issues. Hopefully the new fuel line will solve the problem. I am also looking for three fasteners for the chains in the bed of the truck. They look like this.Fastener.jpg

Wolfen

I took it out for a test drive Sunday after installing the new fuel line. Unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem and I had to have a friend tow me home. Now I think the coil is causing the problem So I ordered a new coil yesterday.

flashbucks

Wolfen, First, I pray you are doing better and that you and your doctor(s) have started getting a handle on the medical issues. Stay strong brother. If you don't mind, where did you order your canvas and data plates from? I am working on a WC62 and am in need of both also. Thanks and get better soon. Gregg

Wolfen

The data plates, came from LT Horne on ebay. The canvas, came from
[COLOR=var(--neutralPrimary)]
[COLOR=var(--white)]

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--neutralPrimary)][COLOR=var(--neutralPrimary)][COLOR=var(--neutralPrimary)]John Worthing <canvasco@aol.com>. They offer a quality product, but it took me over six months to get my canvas. They were recommended by several people. Thank you for your concern for my health. I am working with my doctor, to manage my health.
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/COLOR]​

Wolfen

A couple of things to remember. The canvas co. I used, is in England.n While they do quality work for a good price, it took over six months to get my canvas. Also, you must inform whoever you for canvas, if you have a gun mount. That makes a difference in the canvas design. Also, does your WC have a gun mount? If so, you must infoirm inform the canvas supplier as it makes a difference in the design. Also, does your windshield frame have the fasteners for the canvas? If not, the company I used can supply them.

Another Ahab

A couple of things to remember. The canvas co. I used, is in England.n While they do quality work for a good price, it took over six months to get my canvas. Also, you must inform whoever you for canvas, if you have a gun mount. That makes a difference in the canvas design. Also, does your WC have a gun mount? If so, you must infoirm inform the canvas supplier as it makes a difference in the design. Also, does your windshield frame have the fasteners for the canvas? If not, the company I used can supply them.
A good source to know, Wolfen! Thanks for the homework:

- Can you provide the particulars (please)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks