• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to Mep-803A ownership general questions

The Pump guy@aol has responded. He wrote
"Once u get the plunger and spring out..DO NOT TAKE IT APART.!!!

U can’t buy the hard parts for these pumps.. plunger and barrel or delivery valve..

That’s why you’re being told u have to get new ones..

Mike(TPG)

Have a great day."

I don't understand what he is saying. His first statement refers to taking it apart, than he is saying don't take it apart.
You should not need to replace the "hard parts" if they can just be put back in proper order.

behold the plunger in the bottom end of the fuel pump, check out that helix cut out to meter the fuel, those holes in the barrels are "spill-ports" I'm hand testing after trial and error but there may be a way to figure this out refrencing the video i posted before, I'm going give it a go for trial and error a bit, i actually think i got one of the pumps to pump when it should and to not pump when it shouldnt.

Attachments

Stinson

I have no knowledge about these injectors.
If the internal parts need to be indexed I would think that something needs to lock them into that position.
I don’t see what would keep these parts from rotating while in operation?

Well, im screwed with my plan to rebuild, found massive barrel scouring in the fuel pumps and totally regret bringing out the big hammers on the fuel pumps..
Stinson; Indeed the barrel is locked into position once the tip is tightened down. The barrel remains locked in place because of the pressure from the relief nozzle pushing down on it. The metering arms turn just the plunger inside the barrrel which allows for that helix to be positioned over the spilll port for the Stop position. From what i'm assumming . If the Helix of the plunger is set on the spill port in STOP position that seems to be the correct index. However I'm realizing My pump plungers are not 100% in perfect condition so they kind of bind to the barrel during operation.

Uniquify, my pumps say lister petter on one side and Lucas on the other, ill have to take a pic of the part number

I am really hesitant to pay out money for new fuel pumps when I am not 100% sure that going to make my machine whole.
Stinks; the pumps are more than i paid for the damn machine, what would you guys reccommend as most cost efective replacement? Not that the pumps are really something you can go cheap with..

Attachments

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good running 10KWs are not cheap today. If you've never seen this run right or make power... was it advertised as such? Did you buy this private party or auction?

Pick your poison.

I bought this knowing it was Seized in a junkyard.. , on its really nice trailer which is what what made it worth its value to me. Getting the genset running would have been the cherry on top. I got close, maybe i can be patient and find the fuel injectors more affordable eventually.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I saw this unit on marketplace at a scrap yard in NJ. I think if you want the genset, you wont find prices going the other way. Nor will you necessarily find the pumps to ever be cheaper. If you are intending on getting it running, I would do so while you are still in the frame of mind to do so. If you aren't part it out and hope to cover your expenses.

Ray70

It won't be a failure... EVERYTHING can be repaired, it's just a matter of working your way through the gremlins.
If you got the set cheap, being a non-runner, you can dump a ton of parts and money into it and still be ahead of the game based on what 803's sell for these days!

It won't be a failure... EVERYTHING can be repaired, it's just a matter of working your way through the gremlins.
If you got the set cheap, being a non-runner, you can dump a ton of parts and money into it and still be ahead of the game based on what 803's sell for these days!
I just love the community and attitude here, this is what keeps me coming back!. Nothing worth while comes easy, right..
Can't thank you all enough for the support. This became kind of fun.. ha.
I refuse to give up on this project. I Will keep you posted!

Happy Easter everybody!
So fitting for such a beautiful day. I'm so happy to report; The machine is now running correctly with the new fuel injection pumps!. (Only just began to test it though!) Guys I can't thank you enough. I litterally unseied this motor with a Jackhammer!. I'm soo happy right now. Will report back after test power output.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What does your hertz gauge register? Because its doesn't sound like its running at the right speed still... it sounds underspeed.

What does your hertz gauge register? Because its doesn't sound like its running at the right speed still... it sounds underspeed.
The Hz gauge was very close to 60 (I got so excited I forgot to film the gauges) Not today but, as soon as I get a second I'll start load testing once i put on the quad mod.

By anychance Mr Light in the Dark, do you have any mufflers for an 803-a for sale? The 803's and 802's have a different muffler from what i have read.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately I only have (2) 802 mufflers, with wrap. I think the primary difference is the side below the exhaust exit... that bracket hole pattern is a little bit different on the 803s (Because it spans the cylinders differently than the 802s). The business side, that mounts to the manifold is the same. I assume that also puts the exit point a little different in the roof panel too.

If you need a muffler and are open to making one work with some fab, I'd be happy to work something out with you on one of them. We can discuss by PM if you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks