• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to Mep-803A ownership general questions

HOLY CRAP, i started it up with the fuel angles maxxed out and it went run away,, i almost couldnt stop it.. Almost called the Fire
DEPT lololol ... HOping i didnt blow it up or over do it the first ignition.. i had to run in and full off the fuel feed lines to stop it..

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you 100% sure you assembled the pumps right? The barbs all the way to the tubes will not do that. Did you mess with the throttle stops so the machine can rev significantly higher than 1800 rpm? You should have been able to manually manipulate the fuel stop solenoid closed to cut off the fuel supply.

You may have more going on this machine than gummed pumps.

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HOLY CRAP, i started it up with the fuel angles maxxed out and it went run away,, i almost couldnt stop it.. Almost called the Fire
DEPT lololol ... HOping i didnt blow it up or over do it the first ignition.. i had to run in and full off the fuel feed lines to stop it..

Always. Always have cap or something rigid to plug the air intake when working through diesel engine issues incase you need to suffocate a runaway engine. Dont use a rag, it will just get sucked into the air filter or worse, the engine.

LIKE stright out of a cartoon., I went to block off the intake and because I didnt use the gaskets first time around because i was just dry fitting unsure of if it would start. WITH THE INTAKE 100% blocked off with a metal plate it STILL RAN by the leaks in the intake manifold from no gaskets... I GOT SOO SCARED , also working on this not in a garage but IN A SHORT BUS lolol with filled up with black smoke soo fast i had ti evacuate only to have to catch my breath to run in again to rip off the fuel supply lines in a fury!!!hahaha I knew i had the linkage for the fuel little off but i decided to give it a go anyway..

So i never touched the factory idle screw and they were painted red and wired tied together to make sure no one fiddled with them. I have zero binding on the fuel rail linkage but yet when i start the machine it keeps going sky high in rpm right off the get go and it seems to be putting so much fuel it continues to run after the stop solenoid functons ... any ideas?? i'm gonna try to upload some videos/ pics but they need to be such low quailty to upload. It has been starting at first attempt which makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside lol

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So i never touched the factory idle screw and they were painted red and wired tied together to make sure no one fiddled with them. I have zero binding on the fuel rail linkage but yet when i start the machine it keeps going sky high in rpm right off the get go and it seems to be putting so much fuel it continues to run after the stop solenoid functons ... any ideas?? i'm gonna try to upload some videos/ pics but they need to be such low quailty to upload. It has been starting at first attempt which makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside lol

You can upload higher quality videos to youtube, set the link to private and just share it here.

Guyfang

Staff member
I think your problem is this. Look at the attachment. I pointed out the Bolt, Washer and Special nut. When the linkage is hooked up right, the Bolt, should move freely in the slot on the L5 arm. Freely. It kinda looks to me like the linkage is tight against the Arm. Also, the arm looks a bit bent. This sometimes causes the knob to not move freely in the slot. Check it out. If it is tight against the arm, or binds, its wrong.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks