• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the M1009

Winkelkl

All CUCVs have the same key unless it has been changed with one of the many other "upgrades". Ignition & Door Keys are a "B" blank and the code is 73Y2. Do you have a title for this "project"?
I do not know if the locks have been swapped or not. I know the passengers door is missing the door lock set completely. The clear title is in my safe at home.

And where would I be able to find a set of keys?

My next thoughts are taking my wife's 86 K5 and melding it with what I can salvage from my brothers depending on whether or not I can get the old beast to run or not. If not, we will end up Frankentrucking it and having a mix of the two.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I do not know if the locks have been swapped or not. I know the passengers door is missing the door lock set completely. The clear title is in my safe at home.

My next thoughts are taking my wife's 86 K5 and melding it with what I can salvage from my brothers depending on whether or not I can get the old beast to run or not. If not, we will end up Frankentrucking it and having a mix of the two.
Not sure what you might need to present to a proper locksmith to verify your credibility.
With the lock number and knowledge that it is for a 1983 Chevy truck - the right guy should be able to cut a key.

Michael

Any locksmith or just about anybody who makes keys.

A usable frame with a title is worth keeping. There are plenty of parts trucks out there without a title due to the pain in the ass way GL and other agency make you jump hoops to get one.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks