• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the site

cuba_pete

I've been skulking around for a couple days and I think it looks like a good place, so I'll informally introduce myself and post pix of my new rig. I have always wanted to purchase a military vehicle of some kind and finally an opportunity presented itself. This truck was sitting in front of a Safeway with a for sale sign in the window. I test drove it that night and wrote the check. It appears to be 99% intact (original), a couple small dents, very little rust and nearly fully functional. I took about fifty pix but I'll just put a few up. One more saved...
IMG_7524.jpg

IMG_7420.jpg

IMG_7433.jpg

IMG_7432.jpg

IMG_7435.jpg

IMG_7459.jpg
The little two gallon tank on the left is the current fuel tank. The 25-gallon tank needs de-rusted, sealed and a cap. I ran out of gas on the way home (about 5 mpg) and the wife brought the other jug so I could continue

IMG_7484.jpg

IMG_7502.jpg
I think it used to be a highway maintenance truck...a little yellow showing through and the spare is still painted

IMG_7530.jpg

IMG_7528.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nice truck.............. I wonder if the military or the civvy owners updated the rear lights.........

nattieleather

Nice M211 you got there! You will find that the ride in the M211 is a good ride and if the brakes are working correctly it will stop well for a big truck. Welcome to the world of OD Fever. You do know that you can't stop at just one right? Again welcome to the site and nice truck!

cuba_pete

Nice truck.............. I wonder if the military or the civvy owners updated the rear lights.........
I am not sure. I have a handfull of registrations for the truck so I will try to track down its history a little. If the brackets aren't welded too horribly I will probably remove them. None of the lighting works right now so I can pretty much cover removal when I get to the rear.

I have been searching the threads for info on how to determine a vehicles history, such as overseas service and such. Could you point me in the right direction on that?

Last edited:

n1bnc

Welcome from NH. I have had a couple of these trucks and they are cool to drive around in. Its a good head turner. Enjoy the green disease!!