• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the site

cuba_pete

I've been skulking around for a couple days and I think it looks like a good place, so I'll informally introduce myself and post pix of my new rig. I have always wanted to purchase a military vehicle of some kind and finally an opportunity presented itself. This truck was sitting in front of a Safeway with a for sale sign in the window. I test drove it that night and wrote the check. It appears to be 99% intact (original), a couple small dents, very little rust and nearly fully functional. I took about fifty pix but I'll just put a few up. One more saved...
IMG_7524.jpg

IMG_7420.jpg

IMG_7433.jpg

IMG_7432.jpg

IMG_7435.jpg

IMG_7459.jpg
The little two gallon tank on the left is the current fuel tank. The 25-gallon tank needs de-rusted, sealed and a cap. I ran out of gas on the way home (about 5 mpg) and the wife brought the other jug so I could continue

IMG_7484.jpg

IMG_7502.jpg
I think it used to be a highway maintenance truck...a little yellow showing through and the spare is still painted

IMG_7530.jpg

IMG_7528.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nice truck.............. I wonder if the military or the civvy owners updated the rear lights.........

nattieleather

Nice M211 you got there! You will find that the ride in the M211 is a good ride and if the brakes are working correctly it will stop well for a big truck. Welcome to the world of OD Fever. You do know that you can't stop at just one right? Again welcome to the site and nice truck!

cuba_pete

Nice truck.............. I wonder if the military or the civvy owners updated the rear lights.........
I am not sure. I have a handfull of registrations for the truck so I will try to track down its history a little. If the brackets aren't welded too horribly I will probably remove them. None of the lighting works right now so I can pretty much cover removal when I get to the rear.

I have been searching the threads for info on how to determine a vehicles history, such as overseas service and such. Could you point me in the right direction on that?

Last edited:

n1bnc

Welcome from NH. I have had a couple of these trucks and they are cool to drive around in. Its a good head turner. Enjoy the green disease!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks