• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbe 931a2 ctis

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The m939a2 system is first gen and requires the proper maintenance to be reliable. Improperly sealed o rings or old leaky wheel valves cause flat tires. Not the system itself. Moisture gets into the wheels because the air dryers arent properly serviced and its all down hill from there. The system works better on the lmtvs. I believe units get the rim/tire/valve complete from the tire shop and swap as a whole sending the original back to the tire shop.

gunsgreg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine just had leaking o-ring in wheel. Seems the more I driven it the better it's worked. As others have said make sure your air supply is dry...

My truck had 2 flats and it was the o-rings in the rims...had nothing to do with the CTIS .......CTIS in mine work flawlessly....so they all don't suck.....
But you were able to work on the truck and fix it. Imagine having two flat tires on the road and not being able to do that. What are the words that would come from your mouth? "CTIS sucks!!!"

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does the pressure check and then a quick vent out the release valves. A leak is detected. Put your hand on each of the rear wheel valves. They are pressure held on a stem coming out of the hub. The bracket dosnt do much for them. Centrifugal force pulls them off the stem and you have an air leak. But its hard to tell by just looking at it.
I just had 5 blinking lights from this happening to me Friday. Exactly as described. Check your wheel valves closely.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently purchased a M923a2.
Ctis seems to be working, although still waiting for papers.
Any recommendations keep it or delete it.

Thanks

Desertshark

I finally got mine working.... but as a precautions I would carry some valve cores an air hose .... just incase it ever does decide to quit on you. But that's my .02

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would you know anything about pulling a wheel off? what do you disconnected CTIS valve on wheel and the wheel comes off then? And with that disconnected is the system free to purge air out if you're underway way or is there a check valve.

Thanks

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it I was referring to changing a spare tire situation. As that valve is mounted on the wheel/ hub it looks like it's just unthreads and then you can replace it on the new one

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Just take it off the wheel you are
replacing and put on the new. Good to have a generic o ring kit and make sure the hand tools you have fit the fittings. The rear wheel valve nut coming off the hub stem if you have that style needs a small
adj wrench with a wide mouth.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So nut coming off hub there's a o-ring in that area? Any torque spec? Or snug an check for leaks.

Thanks

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
They are around. The valve housing is aluminum easy to strip the threads. Rubber piece lasts pretty well. You should take a front and rear assembly apart and put it back together to get an idea what you are dealing with.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Get hands dirty take it apart and put it back together. On the side of the road isnt the place to
learn. Its not hard to do. Be brave.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks