• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie ? on M105 trailers

Stan Leschert

VALIUM, gentlemen, and if that doesn't work, a good big dose of Crown Royal.

At one point in time, you were a Newbie, too.

Be civil and constructive, or just be quiet.

I was OIC of recruit troop for a while, and our job was to train them, not to prove who was the biggest Anus!

12vman

If you had just left out the part in red, this thread probably would have ended there and you would have had your answer without any of this mess. New members using sarcasm or having an attitude WILL draw fire. Everytime.

thats ok ....it keeps me warm

12vman

I guess the thought that comes to mind after reading all these posts is

"Lighten up Francis"

its a internet forum..........only.......

And I will lighten up too.......

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now your starting to fit right in!:D

KsM715

VALIUM, gentlemen, and if that doesn't work, a good big dose of Crown Royal.

At one point in time, you were a Newbie, too.

Be civil and constructive, or just be quiet.

I was OIC of recruit troop for a while, and our job was to train them, not to prove who was the biggest Anus!

rofl I would be banned in a heartbeat if I was allowed to drink and post at the same time.

3dAngus

Anyway.... back to the M105. All newb's should keep in mind, when you buy your first M105 you also need a pintle hitch lift for raising up your pintle on back of the pickup. It's bad enough with no brakes, and the chains won't reach, so you need about a 12" lift to raise the trailer so it doesn't push down on your pickup so much. Following that acquisition, you need a bolt on pintle. All total, it is another $200 or so expense before you leave the house. Some 12vdc Walmart trailer light kits will also serve your needs, where they all have the same mounting holes as the existing 24vdc lights on your M105. Some people like the magnetic lights and have had great success without issue, but I have seen they taped and wired and everything else and they still fall off, so I guess some of these old timers just have super secret knowledge that even when passed on verbally, just don't seem to work for me. Use your own judgement, but do make sure you have some kind of lights at all times.

You can buy the elevated pintle hitch lift which is a 2" receiver at Northern Tool or Tractor Supply. The link below is an example. I recomment a higher lift one. Even so, regardless of WHAT you get, it will still push down on the pickup because the M105 sits so high on those 20" tires.

Consider it another expense of doing business, and don't leave home without it.

Farm & Ranch Pintle Mounting Plate, 11 in. Shaft - 1891593 | Tractor Supply Company

http://www.tractorsupply.com/farm-ranch-8-ton-pintle-hook-with-6000-lb-ball-1890783

Last edited:

benand117

I think a lot of people on here think that the more posts that have the more improtant they are to the forum. So they find themselves posting thinkg that have nothing to do with military vehicles just to hit that big number. Who cares people? The man had a question. If you have an answer give it, if not leave it alone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks